grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

As much as I dislike the concept of the movie being remade, I am digging Smith Genie a quite a lot, despite the fact a CGI Genie has way less creativity shapeshifting and arguably more energy and superior in traditional animation form.

I will start the tracking at my theaters for this tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ban1o said:

This is a joke right? 

Kind of, its an hyperbole (without joking now, i dont see a scenario where it could possibly go under 100M), just wanted to emphasize that i have no idea what to really expect from this films box office.

• Like 1

Just now, Nova said:

Yea I would hope $80M domestic is a joke. I mean @TMP who is calling the movie L-addin wouldn't dare go that low. 

That's probably what it'll do for the 3 day lol 

I guess if its well received a total between 200 and 300M DOM would seem realistic?

• Like 1

Just now, Brainbug said:

I guess if its well received a total between 200 and 300M DOM would seem realistic?

I personally have it around $200M right now WITHOUT any reviews tied to it ie the worst case scenario it. And I am going with this cause I don't think the movie looks good at all, but if I am wrong and it gets good reviews/is good then yea I could see $300M+ for it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

I personally have it around $200M right now WITHOUT any reviews tied to it ie the worst case scenario it. And I am going with this cause I don't think the movie looks good at all, but if I am wrong and it gets good reviews/is good then yea I could see $300M+ for it. 

Pretty much my thoughts, too. I am expecting the worst case when it comes to reviews, because I just think Guy Ritchie isn't capable of handling a massive budget film. His best big movie is probably Sherlock Holmes and that was a wildly inconsistent film; the less said about King Arthur, the better.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Pretty much my thoughts, too. I am expecting the worst case when it comes to reviews, because I just think Guy Ritchie isn't capable of handling a massive budget film. His best big movie is probably Sherlock Holmes and that was a wildly inconsistent film; the less said about King Arthur, the better.

King Arthur is so funny though.

33 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

39 minutes ago, Nova said:

These, besides legs won’t be too kind as 2nd weekend is post MDay and third weekend it faces Pets 2.

1 hour ago, Nova said:

If it's good, I'm thinking Coco numbers DOM and WW...I think it could really sell just like Coco did to the WW audience even if it comes up short in the US...IF it's good...

But if it's not good, I dunno...I'd say probably Mary Poppins 2/Dumbo + $100M WW (not sure how much of that goes DOM vs INT), but mid $400s seems like a likely number for a subpar outing, since it should be a little more popular due to its recent nostalgia still being in play...

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

If it's good, I'm thinking Coco numbers DOM and WW...I think it could really sell just like Coco did to the WW audience even if it comes up short in the US...IF it's good...

But if it's not good, I dunno...I'd say probably Mary Poppins 2/Dumbo + $100M WW (not sure how much of that goes DOM vs INT), but mid $400s seems like a likely number for a subpar outing, since it should be a little more popular due to its recent nostalgia still being in play...

Nah, Aladdin is so much bigger than MP / Dumbo ever was foreign.

If It gets mixed reception (which is probably), it’s going to finish with $ 210-220M DOM coming from $ 80-85M 3 day debut.

OS in other hand don’t really care about critics, it just need to be entertaining enough, have songs and good actions scenes and people will watch.

To me this will be just like Venom, huge trailer views / buzz, people underestimating the potential because of online mock and finally decent DOM numbers and good / great WW numbers.

• ...wtf 1

9 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Nah, Aladdin is so much bigger than MP / Dumbo ever was foreign.

If It gets mixed reception (which is probably), it’s going to finish with $ 210-220M DOM coming from $ 80-85M 3 day debut.

OS in other hand don’t really care about critics, it just need to be entertaining enough, have songs and good actions scenes and people will watch.

To me this will be just like Venom, huge trailer views / buzz, people underestimating the potential because of online mock and finally decent DOM numbers and good / great WW numbers.

$800M+ WW isn't a small figure:)...it only needs to be good to clean up WW.  I'm assuming there's no chance of the movie being great, so I discounted that.  I also assume there's no chance it's an unwatchable disaster, so that scenario is out, too:)...I'm assuming this will fall in a B to C- range (in my mind:)...or roughly 40-75% fresh ratings on RT.com with a rating between 5-7.

Edited by TwoMisfits