grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

I'm gonna love this movie, i'm sure, cause i was raised along with the Disney rennaisance (Aladdin, TLK, Mermeid, Hunchback, Emperors Groove...), but there's something i'm gonna miss in this movie: the Palace. 

I mean, the original palace (cartoon) was heavily inspired in the Taj Mahal (Agra - India), which I loved at that moment and I loved when visited it for real. But Ritchie seems to have gotten inspiration in Saint Sophie church (Istambul-Turkey). It's a building I know and i love it too ... but the spectacularity a Taj-like palace gives to the city, the scale, the big domos ... that's lacking in the real-action movie. 

enhanced-buzz-16691-1377022034-28

enhanced-buzz-31738-1377021929-27

Resultado de imagen de hagia sophia far view

"Aladdin"

Edited by meriodejaneiro
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

I'm gonna love this movie, i'm sure, cause i was raised along with the Disney rennaisance (Aladdin, TLK, Mermeid, Hunchback, Emperors Groove...), but there's something i'm gonna miss in this movie: the Palace. 

I mean, the original palace (cartoon) was heavily inspired in the Taj Mahal (Agra - India), which I loved at that moment and I loved when visited it for real. But Ritchie seems to have gotten inspiration in Saint Sophie church (Istambul-Turkey). It's a building I know and i love it too ... but the spectacularity a Taj-like palace gives to the city, the scale, the big domos ... that's lacking in the real-action movie. 

enhanced-buzz-16691-1377022034-28

enhanced-buzz-31738-1377021929-27

Resultado de imagen de hagia sophia far view

"Aladdin"

I visited that Church in Instanbul. Absolutely gorgeous imo 

But def nothing like the Taj Mahal in terms of structure and certainly not like the one in Aladdin....

BUT the one thing I am looking forward to is the scenery and culture (hopefully) that they integrate in this movie. 

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

I visited that Church in Instanbul. Absolutely gorgeous imo 

But def nothing like the Taj Mahal in terms of structure and certainly not like the one in Aladdin....

BUT the one thing I am looking forward to is the scenery and culture (hopefully) that they integrate in this movie. 

I mean he went through all that work to put the extras and Jasmine's actress in brownface

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Mulder said:

I mean he went through all that work to put the extras and Jasmine's actress in brownface

Yes. But if you haven't noticed by how I post, I cling onto the slimmest bit of hope….:ph34r:

8 minutes ago, Mulder said:

O O F, I just remembered the brownfaced extras thing...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

Hot take : Beauty and the Beast will be the only remake  film of the big three to  not somewhat disapoint at the box office.

It even overperfomed like hell IMO.

Lion King won't disappoint imo

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

Lion King won't disappoint imo

But the expectations for this one are so high tho, that s why I said somewhat.

It could do big numbers and it would not be enough for some since the original was one of the biggest movie of the nineties.

22 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Hot take : Beauty and the Beast will be the only remake  film of the big three to  not somewhat disapoint at the box office.

It even overperfomed like hell IMO.

Possible there is a world that the Lion Kings get watched a lot once, people love it (A+ cinemascore even) but being so similar to the first one watch it only one time, with weak multiplier for a A+ family movie. A bit like Incredible 2 having some of the weaker multi in pixar history.

Has for what wrong with that poster :

kyvjlhJ.jpg&key=d842e2af3fbbb25ed74e15c5

Maybe how your eyes have a bit of an hard time going to the main heroes, if you compare to this:

71r8jwJFT6L._SY679_.jpg

Most of the eyes and design is pointing toward them, making them the focus, here many are looking at you breaking the 4th wall for some reason, like if Smith wasn't in the movie but also a spectator (specially with him not being blue, that make it look even more this is Smith watching the movie and not is character in it, was is going on with is being blue or not status ?).

Edited by Barnack
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Mulder said:

I'm actually agreeing with Futurist for once. Even if Lion King does 'only' 400 or 500 million and 1 billion WW there will definitely be people on here disappointed.

That would be absolutely atrocious. 

Edited by jedijake

4 minutes ago, Mulder said:

What? :hahaha:That would be identical to BATB

Considering that the original Lion King did twice as much as the original BatB on their initial runs, and than twice as much again on their 3D re-release, having the live-action Lion King doing only as well as the live-action BatB would certainly be poor.

4 minutes ago, Perfundle said:

Considering that the original Lion King did twice as much as the original BatB on their initial runs, and than twice as much again on their 3D re-release, having the live-action Lion King doing only as well as the live-action BatB would certainly be poor.

A billion dollar movie that does 500 million domestic will never ever be a poor performance.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Perfundle said:

Beauty and the Beast was a film that actually grew in popularity with time and not an absolute monster out the gate like Aladdin and The Lion King were.