grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

7 minutes ago, Alli said:

Give him a break. It's his first big role with massive media attention. I'm sure he's a little nervous. From the clips released, i think he's done a beautiful job in the movie

edit: agh you meant you didn't like him in the clips released from the film

Yeah, actually it was only trailers that I didn't liked. The TV spots and exclusive clips are pretty good and he too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Yeah, actually it was only trailers that I didn't liked. The TV spots and exclusive clips are pretty good and he too.

yep, i watched some clips too. I think he's way better than the girl. She seems a little wooden

1 hour ago, SteveJaros said:

Can't wait for this! The 1992 film is one of the touchstone animated movies of Disney's modern Golden Age. Hope it is as good as the Jungle Book and Beauty live-action remakes are.

Hey....you’re not alone though. I also really like those Disney remakes. Guys, don’t judge me. 🙍🏻‍♀️

I wish for good reviews and i think it will get them. BATB had good reviews. I see no reason this wouldn't if it follows the story. ANd from what i see, will smith is way more charming in his role than Emma

3 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

A Whole New World out on May 11

Spanish Version: Zayn ft. Becky G

English Version: Zayn ft. Zhavia Ward (they filmed a music video).

Now people are just making up names for celebrities.

Edited by CoolEric258
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Alli said:

I wish for good reviews and i think it will get them. BATB had good reviews. I see no reason this wouldn't if it follows the story. ANd from what i see, will smith is way more charming in his role than Emma

I'd be incredibly surprised if this got good reviews tbh, even if we get classic big willie style

2 minutes ago, Alli said:

Some of those scores are undeservedly low. Snatch for example...55 meta is an injustice when so many marvel movies get way higher scores.

Back in the days metascore were lower all around I think, Snatch should be green, I imagine it was so openly a copy-paste of is previews movie that it hurt it quite a lot back in the days.

The more general point, Ritchie has a mediocre at best track record with critics, Condon outside the Twilight had just one movie not in the green on MC before Beauty release.

More difficult to do a shot for shot type of affair with that material

The bar getting higher has those movie come up ?

Smaller rumored budget, despite arguably higher ambition scope wise and having to pay Smith do not inspire as high confidence by the people involved and the ultra finished production quality.

I can imagine some reason why.

• Like 1