grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

5 hours ago, TMP said:

As the number one member of the Billy Magnussen fan-club on this site, if Aladdin makes Billy Magnussen the A-list star I've been wanting him to be, then I take back every bad thing I said about this production beforehand.

Legend Magnussen is about to be in an MCU franchise (especially since he's now worked with Disney twice). I can feel it!

Anyway, I'm still definitely seeing this although I'm definitely nowhere nearly looking forward to this as much as I was Beauty and the Beast (or, for future titles, The Lion King, for that matter). Then again, Aladdin has always easily been my least favorite of those four '89-'94 Golden Age classics.

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Legend Magnussen is about to be in an MCU franchise (especially since he's now worked with Disney twice). I can feel it!

Magnussen will be Flash once Ezra's contract expires this month I think. He already worked with the those directors on Game Night, and he'd be perfect for the role. Would be nice to have a Flash with actual charisma for once.

Orrrr the MCU grabs him for The Human Torch or something. Lindelof could always pop him in Watchmen season 2, since his one episode role in The Leftovers was really memorable. 

Edited by TMP

5 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I think it will do well overseas, not so much Domestically. PoTC 5 numbers I guess.

1 minute ago, Gavin Feng said:

nope. Already be treated as a abandoned film by Disney China.

Sorry. My laughing reaction just had to do with how quick Gavin responded to Charlie lmfao 

2 hours ago, Nova said:

I don’t know. I can’t tell. It doesn’t seem like the flick is boring which should work in its favor. But the reality is that we have so few reactions to even look at. I thought when they said social media embargo was dropping today, that we’d get more reactions from folks :mellow: But we have such a small set of reactions that it’s hard to tell which way it’s going to go 

The big problem is that its premiere was in Paris. For most critics, especially here in the States, it's too far and too complicated to make the trip. I do believe London and the US are getting premieres in the coming weeks though, so reactions will probably continue to trickle in.

Also, FWIW @ViewerAnon, while I don't think he's seen it, had word that the movie was fine about 6 or so months ago. It could very well just be a faulty source, but he's a credible enough guy with solid connections that I trust him (btw ViewerAnon, if you do have new info, drop it for us maybe?)

57 minutes ago, TMP said:

Magnussen will be Flash once Ezra's contract expires this month I think. He already worked with the those directors on Game Night, and he'd be perfect for the role. Would be nice to have a Flash with actual charisma for once.

Orrrr the MCU grabs him for The Human Torch or something. Lindelof could always pop him in Watchmen season 2, since his one episode role in The Leftovers was really memorable. 

You know Magnussen doesn't deserve this funnybook BS (minus Black Panther 2. Daddy Coogler behind it means it's art). Put him in Detective Pikachu 2.

4 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

The big problem is that its premiere was in Paris. For most critics, especially here in the States, it's too far and too complicated to make the trip. I do believe London and the US are getting premieres in the coming weeks though, so reactions will probably continue to trickle in.

Also, FWIW @ViewerAnon, while I don't think he's seen it, had word that the movie was fine about 6 or so months ago. It could very well just be a faulty source, but he's a credible enough guy with solid connections that I trust him (btw ViewerAnon, if you do have new info, drop it for us maybe?)

You know Magnussen doesn't deserve this funnybook BS (minus Black Panther 2. Daddy Coogler behind it means it's art). Put him in Detective Pikachu 2.

The LA premiere is on May 21 so it makes sense that we don't have much in the way of reactions so far.

https://www.averagesocialite.com/la-events/2018/12/25/aladdin-premiere-la

Edited by filmlover

Just now, jedijake said:

I heard something about the climax of this film which is going to REALLY anger fans of the original. And I think what I heard could REALLY kill the film.

Am I allowed to post what I heard in spoiler tags yet?

The movie isn’t even out yet :ph34r:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jedijake said:

I heard something about the climax of this film which is going to REALLY anger fans of the original. And I think what I heard could REALLY kill the film.

Am I allowed to post what I heard in spoiler tags yet?

Obviously not. Don't be a troll.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jedijake said:

How is this being a troll? I asked whether or not I was allowed to post a spoiler in tags. I didn't go ahead and do it. Do you even know what a troll is?

Can you PM me the spoiler? 

Edited by Nova