Jump to content
grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | Reviews straddling the fresh-rotten line

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Alli said:

the budgets of these disney flops were pretty big tho

So is the budget for this Disney flop though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TMP said:

So is the budget for this Disney flop though

 

 

  • Astonished 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will Smith and Jasmine are on Graham Norton just now and the live audience just burst into laughter when they showed a picture of him as the genie 

 

:hahaha:

 

It was very awkward lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Will Smith and Jasmine are on Graham Norton just now and the live audience just burst into laughter when they showed a picture of him as the genie 

 

:hahaha:

 

It was very awkward lol

For real? That's fucking priceless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mulder said:

For real? That's fucking priceless.

Very awkward moment afterwards, Will just continued trying to tell a story. 

 

The clip they showed from the film was between Aladdin and Jasmine and was atrocious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like they combined Genie and Jafar into one character :hahaha:imagine that movie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

That Jasmine Bollywood number near the end looks adorable. Officially on the hype train.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jay Beezy said:

When does the embargo lift?

For reviews? May 22nd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im looking forward to this, but Im not a big fan of Mena Massoud's line delivery in the TV spots. 

 

The style on display in the footage shown looks great to me though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The end result will probably just be . . .fine.

 

This is the only place I really see outright unanimous hate, but then again, I saw the same with Beauty and the Beast here. The rest of the hate has calmed down on other sites and social media somewhat since the release of the actual trailer. The Whole New World cover is also blowing up right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

The end result will probably just be . . .fine.

 

This is the only place I really see outright unanimous hate, but then again, I saw the same with Beauty and the Beast here. The rest of the hate has calmed down on other sites and social media somewhat since the release of the actual trailer. The Whole New World cover is also blowing up right now.

Bu there is that BOP projection of $188 million domestic which is rather disturbing to say the least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who is in charge of hiring for the directors for these live-action remakes at Disney. I mean first you hire Tim Burton who ruined Alice in Wonderland and did the same thing to Dumbo. Then you hire an awful screenwriter to pin Dumbo's script. And then you thought it was a good idea to hire Guy Ritchie to direct Aladdin. The only smart decision you have did lately is higher Jon Favreau to director Lion King after his Success With The Jungle Book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Curtis1986 said:

Who is in charge of hiring for the directors for these live-action remakes at Disney. I mean first you hire Tim Burton who ruined Alice in Wonderland and did the same thing to Dumbo. Then you hire an awful screenwriter to pin Dumbo's script. And then you thought it was a good idea to hire Guy Ritchie to direct Aladdin. The only smart decision you have did lately is higher Jon Favreau to director Lion King after his Success With The Jungle Book.

 

They probably hired Tim Burton for Dumbo because despite him "ruining" Alice, the damn thing made a billion worldwide, that and for the most part, Tim Burton's films tend to be successful. Said screenwriter also wrote several big money makers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Bu there is that BOP projection of $188 million domestic which is rather disturbing to say the least.

Even then, $188m seems like a pipe dream right now... gonna be closer to $155m.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Bu there is that BOP projection of $188 million domestic which is rather disturbing to say the least.

 

Their predictions tend to vary in accuracy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.