Jump to content
grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | Reviews straddling the fresh-rotten line

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

 

LOL, only crappy movie I've watched lately is Episode 8.

 

And if we go far back enough in time: Looper was insanely bad, I remember sh!tting all over the internet about how bad and overrated it was, and how the director should be fired.

 

If only Disney suits read my prophecy in 2012. ;)

 

PS: I hate TV to the point of not acknowledging its existence. Same for videogames and any sort of games. I believe only cinema and books are art - TV and games are fodder for the working class.

 

What the fuck kind of classist BS is this?

 

Also, sure bud. You totally did all of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

How are video games fodder for the working class when your average AAA title is like three to four times as expensive as a movie ticket?

Edited by cookie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, cookie said:

How are video games fodder for the working class when your average AAA title is like three to four times as expensive as a movie ticket?

 

1. No one in the East buys games, they just torrent.

2. Workers in the West are not exactly poor. They can afford games alright.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, shayhiri said:

 

LOL, only crappy movie I've watched lately is Episode 8.

 

And if we go far back enough in time: Looper was insanely bad, I remember sh!tting all over the internet about how bad and overrated it was, and how the director should be fired.

 

If only Disney suits read my prophecy in 2012. ;)

 

PS: I hate TV to the point of not acknowledging its existence. Same for videogames and any sort of games. I believe only cinema and books are art - TV and games are fodder for the working class.

 

This post brought to you by the Roger Ebert Gang.

 

https://www.rogerebert.com/rogers-journal/video-games-can-never-be-art

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Early screening reactions are positive, though they usually are. So....FWIW

Edited by lilmac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

THIS IS THE BIGGEST MAY RELEASE THIS YEAR!!

 

Grasp that, people!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The animated one made 217M...in 1992!!!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alli said:

The animated one made 217M...in 1992!!!

And this will do much less... in 2019!!!

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BATB 2017 more than doubled the animation one. 

 

I believe if this live action Aladdin came out before BATB 2017, it would have made serious bank. Too many poorly received movies have tarnished the disney live action remake brand

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Alli said:

I believe if this live action Aladdin came out before BATB 2017, it would have made serious bank. Too many poorly received movies have tarnished the disney live action remake brand

I think it's too many of these movies in general in such a short span of time.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep in mind this year there's more Disney remakes then there is Marvel or DC movies....think about that.

  • Astonished 1
  • Disbelief 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Keep in mind this year there's more Disney remakes then there is Marvel or DC movies....think about that.

To be fair, Maleficent 2 was supposed to come out next year when the only other live-action Disney remakes/adaptations were Mulan and Cruella originally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, filmlover said:

To be fair, Maleficent 2 was supposed to come out next year when the only other live-action Disney remakes/adaptations were Mulan and Cruella originally.

Yeah but Disney still moved it forward rather then keeping it in 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Alli said:

BATB 2017 more than doubled the animation one. 

 

I believe if this live action Aladdin came out before BATB 2017, it would have made serious bank. Too many poorly received movies have tarnished the disney live action remake brand

That’s not the main version.

 

The main reason was Disney decided to be greedy and thirsty for Disney+ put Aladdin in a spot where not only would they pay more attention to Endgame and TS4 but in trapped in an 8 week box, where there is (assuming Pikachu legs it to $150M) a $150M+ family tentpole every two weeks. Disney could’ve held this off for early 2020 and it would have dominated. 

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maleficent has a respectable rating of 7/10 on imdb. I'm surprised it's that high. The movie is a bore, so safe.  Maybe the sequel won't do that bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Yeah but Disney still moved it forward rather then keeping it in 2020.

Artemis Fowl died so that Maleficent 2 could live. Poor @Morieris.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's technically five remakes this year, since Justin Theroux's Lady & The Tramp is coming in November (albeit on Disney+)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's pretty amusing reading the OP and remembering the initial pitch for this was a Genie prequel. Can you imagine if they tried to do that with this horribly off-putting design?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TMP said:

There's technically five remakes this year, since Justin Theroux's Lady & The Tramp is coming in November (albeit on Disney+)

Which makes it more then every Marvel movie coming out this year including Dark Phoenix. 

  • Astonished 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.