grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

34 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

LOL, only crappy movie I've watched lately is Episode 8.

And if we go far back enough in time: Looper was insanely bad, I remember sh!tting all over the internet about how bad and overrated it was, and how the director should be fired.

If only Disney suits read my prophecy in 2012. ;)

PS: I hate TV to the point of not acknowledging its existence. Same for videogames and any sort of games. I believe only cinema and books are art - TV and games are fodder for the working class.

What the fuck kind of classist BS is this?

Also, sure bud. You totally did all of that.

15 hours ago, cookie said:

How are video games fodder for the working class when your average AAA title is like three to four times as expensive as a movie ticket?

1. No one in the East buys games, they just torrent.

2. Workers in the West are not exactly poor. They can afford games alright.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, shayhiri said:

LOL, only crappy movie I've watched lately is Episode 8.

And if we go far back enough in time: Looper was insanely bad, I remember sh!tting all over the internet about how bad and overrated it was, and how the director should be fired.

If only Disney suits read my prophecy in 2012. ;)

PS: I hate TV to the point of not acknowledging its existence. Same for videogames and any sort of games. I believe only cinema and books are art - TV and games are fodder for the working class.

This post brought to you by the Roger Ebert Gang.

https://www.rogerebert.com/rogers-journal/video-games-can-never-be-art

• Like 1

BATB 2017 more than doubled the animation one. 

I believe if this live action Aladdin came out before BATB 2017, it would have made serious bank. Too many poorly received movies have tarnished the disney live action remake brand

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alli said:

I believe if this live action Aladdin came out before BATB 2017, it would have made serious bank. Too many poorly received movies have tarnished the disney live action remake brand

I think it's too many of these movies in general in such a short span of time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Keep in mind this year there's more Disney remakes then there is Marvel or DC movies....think about that.

To be fair, Maleficent 2 was supposed to come out next year when the only other live-action Disney remakes/adaptations were Mulan and Cruella originally.

Just now, filmlover said:

To be fair, Maleficent 2 was supposed to come out next year when the only other live-action Disney remakes/adaptations were Mulan and Cruella originally.

Yeah but Disney still moved it forward rather then keeping it in 2020.

18 minutes ago, Alli said:

BATB 2017 more than doubled the animation one. 

That’s not the main version.

The main reason was Disney decided to be greedy and thirsty for Disney+ put Aladdin in a spot where not only would they pay more attention to Endgame and TS4 but in trapped in an 8 week box, where there is (assuming Pikachu legs it to $150M) a $150M+ family tentpole every two weeks. Disney could’ve held this off for early 2020 and it would have dominated. 

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

Just now, TMP said:

There's technically five remakes this year, since Justin Theroux's Lady & The Tramp is coming in November (albeit on Disney+)

Which makes it more then every Marvel movie coming out this year including Dark Phoenix. 

• Astonished 1