grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

Come on... people who critique this film aren't "disney haters". This is a Snyder fandom level reach.

I would be more excited for this if they just played Alan Menken's score over a black screen.  Every time I see more footage, I'm like please stop.  I don't understand why they didn't rework the songs to highlight Will Smith's rap strengths, because James Monroe Iglehart he is not.  

And this comes as someone who is definitely *not* a Disney hater.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Hey now, Grease Live is hardly an unflattering comparison. Still the only one of these live musical things that was worth anything.

I think they meant comparing a live TV musical to a $150m+ Hollywood film 

What’s the budget for this anyway? 

12 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

He’s an absolute Disney-hater (despite his username). Duh! What did we expect?

He’s always expected to hate everything Disney does nowadays.

Username.?....You know Mr Hades was a thing before 1997s Hercules right?

I give Disney tough love...and call out lazy cash grab filmmaking.

• Like 1

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

Is that supposed to be Jasmine's mother next to Jasmine in that clip? She looks more like an older sister than a mother lol.

That's Nasim Pedrad, who is playing Jasmine's comic relief handmaiden. Now would be as good a time as any to remind everyone that she actually played Jasmine in that Real Housewives of Disney skit they did back in the day when she was on SNL. Kristen Wiig's drunk Cinderella and Taran Killam's Prince Charming lmao.

5 minutes ago, Hades said:

Username.?....You know Mr Hades was a thing before 1997s Hercules right?

I give Disney tough love...and call out lazy cash grab filmmaking.

Lazy or not lazy, cashgrab doesn’t and shouldn’t always automatically mean that movies are pieces of shit. They make what they make whether we like it or not.

If anything that’s lazy...is this certain baffled disbelief of ”Why bother existing here”?

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

13 minutes ago, TMP said:

Come on... people who critique this film aren't "disney haters". This is a Snyder fandom level reach.

I agree.

Though Hades is a notorious Disney troll.

• Like 4

This doesn't look like a dull musical sequence because it's live-action, look at the musical sequences in lower budget affairs like La La Land or Greatest Showman. The camera is incredibly static in the clip, and big willie style is just kind of shuffling around. I'm not even a big musical head, but this was a problem with Beauty and the Beast 2017 too, they film this with such locked down camera shots that it feels confounded in its space. The spacial geography is also pretty bad, and it looks like a very obvious set. It could look better in live-action than it currently does, hell it should if it actually cost $175m

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

I don't understand why they didn't rework the songs to highlight Will Smith's rap strengths, because James Monroe Iglehart he is not. 

All they had to do was this:

The blueprint was right there!

• Like 6
  • Knock It Off 1

10 hours ago, Mulder said:

Everyone saying 4 quad appeal for any movie that could potentially appeal to anyone beyond one specific demographic never ceases to be hilarious.

Are you driving the bandvagon or...? Are you waving your oblivious hands up in the air awaiting for hermit rats to join you in your quest?   can i get in on the joke? Share the load..... xD TTVOMJ

Edited by Maximum Avery
signature

8 minutes ago, TMP said:

This doesn't look like a dull musical sequence because it's live-action, look at the musical sequences in lower budget affairs like La La Land or Greatest Showman. The camera is incredibly static in the clip, and big willie style is just kind of shuffling around. I'm not even a big musical head, but this was a problem with Beauty and the Beast 2017 too, they film this with such locked down camera shots that it feels confounded in its space. The spacial geography is also pretty bad, and it looks like a very obvious set. It could look better in live-action than it currently does, hell it should if it actually cost $175m

It's weird though. Guy Ritchie is known for how kinetic his movie feel which is perfect for musicals. This clip has none of that. 

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Disney subdued him

Subdue is the wrong one. Castrate seems more accurate. The only good thing (aside for Will Smith but I’m a Willie fanboy) this had going for it was Ritchie’s energy, it seems lacking with energy. 

20 minutes ago, TMP said:

Out of likes but I also agree. 

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Knock It Off 1