grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

emma watson can't sing but at least she's super famous. i have no idea what the excuse was when casting the leads of this one.

Guess they were counting on Will Smith’s popularity. But the Will Smith of the 2010s can’t open movies the way he did in the 90s-2000s. With the other leads, I know Naomi Scott isn’t Arab, but who’s as famous as Emma Watson that could also play an Arabian princess? Don’t know anyone I’d fancast for Aladdin either. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deja23 said:

Guess they were counting on Will Smith’s popularity. But the Will Smith of the 2010s can’t open movies the way he did in the 90s-2000s. With the other leads, I know Naomi Scott isn’t Arab, but who’s as famous as Emma Watson that could also play an Arabian princess? Don’t know anyone I’d fancast for Aladdin either. 

Naomi is half Indian. They seem to interchange them.

6 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

not what i was saying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

Why don't you just take the youngest if he really wants to see it and let the others stay home :lol: 

Ummm, b/c he lost the May family movie vote - Pokemon won:)...(and he loved Pika, too...in fact, he's on such a movie kick right now, he'll watch anything, b/c we got DC Universe and he sat through Batman and Robin, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, and Batman 1989 in a 2 week period, by his own request - so he'd bankrupt me:)...

• Like 3

Of all the criticisms of Aladdin, I think "Greatest Showman" criticism is the most off the mark when it comes to this film's eventual box office. General audiences seem to love that style of music; The Greatest Showman was the leggiest wide open since Titanic.

• Like 1