grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

http://deadline.com/2016/10/aladdin-guy-ritchie-disney-live-action-film-sherlock-holmes-1201834102/

BREAKING: Guy Ritchie is in talks with Disney to direct Aladdin, the latest in the studio’s efforts to re-imagine classic properties for contemporary audiences. Big Fishscribe John August has written the script and The Lego Movie‘s Dan Lin is producing. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

I wonder if we'll get a WDAS  remake that basically makes fun of all their remakes a la 21 Jump Street. Could be this with the Genie, or maybe an Emperor's New Groove thing.

If we ever get an Emperor's New Groove remake, I will fly to Jupiter in a pink tricycle.

As far as Guy Ritchie for Aladdin is concerned, a - thank GOD for them (apparently) veto'ing the Genies prequel for now, and b - he's a pretty decent director, and I'm glad, if a little apprehensive, of them trusting one of their all-time greatest in him. That being said, will an Aladdin movie play well w/current audiences, given that the appeal of Arab culture in current day society is not seen as favorable for... rather gruesome reasons?

I just had a visceral reaction to this news - I feel like his movies fall apart in their second acts, but I still enjoy them.

Also alright just call me when we can Kickstart a Rocknrolla sequel, Guy....I'm willing and waiting....

• Like 1

lol Disney is so Original!

This is so unnecessary. I mean I liked Jungle Book and i think Beauty and The Beast will be good but this is excessive and I know Disney ain't casting Arab actors in this so it will be controversial. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 2

Guy Ritchie for Aladdin? wow that is leftfield. I thought it sounded intriguing at first. but the Producer of Sherlock Holmes is working on it too. No I don't think I do like this I don't want Sherlock Holmes in Arabia. lets pray they can talk someone else into doing it, because it could be FANTASTIC!

also this isn't even going into what the fuck they are going to do about the genie. Unless they cast someone fucking amazing and transcendent their will be backlash to the genie. Even then. If they copy Robin Williams too much their ,will be backlash, if they are too different, there will be backlash. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I hardly ever see POC characters in Guy Ritchie's movies.

And I don't care if anyone thinks it's a lazy criticism or whatever, but Guy Ritchie is a classic case of "all styles little substance" director for me. 

• Like 1