grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

38 minutes ago, Wally said:

Watched the movie and loved it. Had no idea what its RT score was and was absolutely shocked to find out. Of course it's not a masterpiece, but it's good. Naomi Scott and Will Smith are great in the movie and that Mena kid was ok and is charismatic. 

Why are the reviews so bad, though? I don't get it. Do they not like Guy Ritchie or something?

No, they are just c*nts.

Explains everything. :)

• Like 2

Aladdin was good. We saw it dubbed (in finnish), based on my experience original live-actions tend being better (especially songs). I liked it a lot, partly due to nostalgy. I gotthe chills when they first song started playing :) It was not as "bombastic" or funny as the original, which was probably good call. In my opinion Jafar was not as bad as some people have mentioned. In addition I liked how they treated other supporting characters (Hakim, Sultan, Jasmines handmaid). Not sure what to think of Will Smit, thou.

My seven year old liked it over the original; she seems to love CGI over old-fashioned animation. My 13 year old liked Mena Massoud, and I fell in love with Naomi Scott.

All in all "something old,
something new,
something borrowed,
something blue".

Lähetetty minun SM-A520F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

• Like 3

6 hours ago, shayhiri said:

Preach!

You heard it from the Shay first!! :) (on previous page)

PS: Though, they'll have to write a new script. Scripts of DTV sequels are always abysmal.

?

I would assume you'd want Abys Mal to be part of the sequel. 😏

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

Is it ONLY me to think that naomi scott looked like felicity jones from certain angles

it's only you. Naomi isn't bland from any angle. :lol:

jk, I can see some passing resemblance like how Lena Heady and Daisy Ridley have passing resemblance to Keira Knightly from certain angles, and also their voices are quite Knightly-sh.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ban1o said:

Saw this with my mom. We both loved it. I think reviewers were being petty lol.  I don't really see how this can get bad reviews but BATB got in the 70s

Wished Aladdin had similar or higher Critic-rating than BATB.

Though, to be fair...BATB’s audience-rating is at 80%, which helped that movie get $504M DOM & $1.263B WW. I guess positive quality helped that movie make as  much it did.

12 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

This was much better than BatB but critics knives were out for it. :sadno: some reviews read as if they were written on a blind, before the critic saw the movie.

Because they are.

Half of them are mercenaries - the other half: psychopaths.

Nowadays everyone can have a blog and even a site - and it seems RT welcomes everyone, even the lowliest.