grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

4 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

I also thought it was hilarious how 

Hide contents

after the guard turns on Jafar because of Jasmine's speech, it makes it seem like the wish to become Sultan basically amounted to swapping hats. Is.... is that how power works in Agrabah?

The execution of practically everything in the movie is off like that. The problems with the film aren't it regurgitating the original, it's that they're all funhouse mirror versions: contorted, twisted, and borderline nonsensical.

Yeah the whole thing is the original but everything is just a little... off. Both this and beauty and the beast are about 30 minutes longer than the originals but somehow feel like they’re rushing through it more.

58 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Reveal hidden contents

The execution of practically everything in the movie is off like that. The problems with the film aren't it regurgitating the original, it's that they're all funhouse mirror versions: contorted, twisted, and borderline nonsensical.

this is exactly how it happened in the cartoon though. I think people forget it's a kids movie lmao 

2 hours ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

In the animated movie, Jafar goes from his original clothes to the sultan attire and back into his old clothes in a span of twenty-forty seconds.

• Like 3

On 5/25/2019 at 9:03 PM, Deja23 said:

So the RT audience score went from 88% to 93% for Verified and 78% to 88% for All. I’m more surprised about the jump in the All audience score. 10% increase in 2 days. I haven’t paid much attention to other RT audience scores so not sure how it compares. It looks like it’ll settle here and will likely start dropping over time like most movies. 

The all audience score actually continues to rise, as does the verified. 

Verified is 94% (!!) while all audience has now risen to 90%. 
I don't remember the last time we've seen such a rise over the weekend, usually heads in the opposite direction. 

I have a theory, and it will take more time with these verified scores now available to see if it pans out, that review bombers and trolls will have given up on RT now, since the verified score is the one that is going to be most referenced by the general public, especially since the all audience score isn't even easy to find. 

• Like 1

Ok, this was... great? I'm totally shocked (and upset at how Disney butchered the marketing)

Maybe it isn't as good as it could've been (aka like the animated one) but honestly Naomi just carries the whole movie, I see some people dislike her song but when I saw I totally bought it.

Mena, Will and the handmaid were really charismatic too. I think the cast is what made the movie (and if they had nailed Jafar I'm sure everyone would be pleased)

On the other hand, the green screen was horrible (specially in "A Whole New World"). Maybe it's me but lately every major movie or TV show has serious problems with that. 

• Like 1

I loved the movie, it's on par with the animated for me, if it weren't for terrible Jafar ir would have been perfect.

My audience on sunday night (dead time here in Uruguay) clapped lol, and it was pretty full, about 500/600

Edited by lor15
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

They'd have to HEAVILY streamline that story in order for a movie franchise to work.

The best way to promote Kingdom Hearts film franchise is the historical return of Donald, Goofy, and later on Mickey to the Big Screen. Although the budget for that movie I have to imagine would be pretty big considering the mass amount of guest talent they would have to use. 

IDK if it'd be live action or something similar to Advent Children but I think it could become a massive success for Disney especially cause of the massive Disney vibe of the historical Disney characters interacting and going to different worlds.

Though they'd probably have to condense to two-three disney world visits and 2 original worlds.

3 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

The best way to promote Kingdom Hearts film franchise is the historical return of Donald, Goofy, and later on Mickey to the Big Screen. Although the budget for that movie I have to imagine would be pretty big considering the mass amount of guest talent they would have to use. 

IDK if it'd be live action or something similar to Advent Children but I think it could become a massive success for Disney especially cause of the massive Disney vibe of the historical Disney characters interacting and going to different worlds.

Though they'd probably have to condense to two-three disney world visits and 2 original worlds.

Pretty sure if they end up making it it would almost be an entirely new storyline that contains elements of all the various games and drop the Final Fantasy-esque characters and just focus much more on the Disney characters. Just a guess though.

I'm catching up to the posts from yesterday evening and today, and it's so funny how in the movie "Aladdin" people are saying the character Aladdin is drab and dry, and that Genie and Jasmine are more entertaining. Funny, because the movie is called "Aladdin" and yet Aladdin is being overshadowed by other characters. Maybe they should've just gone the "Maleficent" route and done something entirely different instead of screwing up the original.

• Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, I Am said:

I'm catching up to the posts from yesterday evening and today, and it's so funny how in the movie "Aladdin" people are saying the character Aladdin is drab and dry, and that Genie and Jasmine are more entertaining. Funny, because the movie is called "Aladdin" and yet Aladdin is being overshadowed by other characters. Maybe they should've just gone the "Maleficent" route and done something entirely different instead of screwing up the original.

I don’t get your point. Aladdin was overshadowed by the Genie in the animated movie too and I’m guessing you weren’t complaining then. Also most have said Aladdin was good, but Naomi Scott played a great Jasmine. Plus, it’s Will Smith. Just as it was Robin Williams 27 years ago. I’m actually glad Jasmine is getting more praise. That’s the something better it seems they’ve done with the live action. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Deja23 said:

I don’t get your point. Aladdin was overshadowed by the Genie in the animated movie too and I’m guessing you weren’t complaining then.

"Geez, remember how in the original 'Aladdin' movie, everyone said Aladdin the character sucked and no one liked any of the songs he sang (which are classics?)" - people who just make stuff up

Edited by I Am
  • Knock It Off 1

This movie is awesome and I love will smiths rendition of Arabian nights. I’ve been listening to it on repeat. I’m shocked how much I liked this movie. Seeing it in Dolby I think enhanced the experience when they were doing their musical numbers

• Like 3