grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

Yup this was a joy to watch and a movier star turn from Naomi Scott.

Oh and Smith had actually the Big Willie charm the world fell in love in the 90's.

We missed 90's Will Smith so much.

All hail Lord Brit Dudebro Ritchie !

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, VanillaSkies said:

The all audience score actually continues to rise, as does the verified. 

Verified is 94% (!!) while all audience has now risen to 90%. 
I don't remember the last time we've seen such a rise over the weekend, usually heads in the opposite direction. 

I have a theory, and it will take more time with these verified scores now available to see if it pans out, that review bombers and trolls will have given up on RT now, since the verified score is the one that is going to be most referenced by the general public, especially since the all audience score isn't even easy to find. 

And now all audience score has hit 91%, while verified remains at 94%. 

Pretty incredible. 

One thing I will say that nobody has brought up. When the movie was COMPLETELY ridiculed after they showed Will Smith's blue body for the first time, did you notice how Will Smith reacted? Either you didn't because he didn't say much or you noticed that he lightheartedly went along with the joke. It became fun and instead of having to answer for himself, he played along with it. THAT is  how you take criticism. A LOT is owed to Willie for being the ultimate cheerleader for this film. His charisma, enthusiasm, charm, and inexhaustible spirit for this kept up throughout. Now look at it! NOBODY here thought that with all of the negative buzz and scoffing, this could become a little bit of a "must see" event for a few weeks.

• Like 14

30 minutes ago, jedijake said:

NOBODY here thought that with all of the negative buzz and scoffing, this could become a little bit of a "must see" event for a few weeks.

1 hour ago, jedijake said:

One thing I will say that nobody has brought up. When the movie was COMPLETELY ridiculed after they showed Will Smith's blue body for the first time, did you notice how Will Smith reacted? Either you didn't because he didn't say much or you noticed that he lightheartedly went along with the joke. It became fun and instead of having to answer for himself, he played along with it. THAT is  how you take criticism. A LOT is owed to Willie for being the ultimate cheerleader for this film. His charisma, enthusiasm, charm, and inexhaustible spirit for this kept up throughout. Now look at it! NOBODY here thought that with all of the negative buzz and scoffing, this could become a little bit of a "must see" event for a few weeks.

Oh... i did... just sad it didnt make 150m ow... i never let internet have the last word.. i just hang on the fences observing the slaughter... if internet sometimes plays up some movies BO prospects..all the better:)

TTVOMJ

5 hours ago, VanillaSkies said:

And now all audience score has hit 91%, while verified remains at 94%. 

Pretty incredible. 

Have we ever seen this before? The audience rating actually going up for Aladdin? It is at 94% with over 12,000 verified votes. It is at 91% with over 16,000 votes in general. Insane. I don't think this happened with Endgame or Infinity War. 

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

Part of me wonders if Smith was in some kind of mild coma for the past decade or so he just came out of? It's like he went into some kind of autopilot mode after I Am Legend, and it took rubbing a lamp to wake him up. 

He spent the intervening years pushing his kids mostly. Probably decided to get back to acting once they became adults.

Edited by cookie

17 minutes ago, Tom Swelling said:

Have we ever seen this before? The audience rating actually going up for Aladdin? It is at 94% with over 12,000 verified votes. It is at 91% with over 16,000 votes in general. Insane. I don't think this happened with Endgame or Infinity War. 

Yes, I long before said Aladdin is an exceptional movie and will be a TREMENDOUS crowd-pleaser. This is not the important part.

The only other such movie is Alita. Same ratings.

The real question is: how and why the mercenary imbeciles known as "critics" at RT tried to kill these two exceptional movies? People should never forget - and never from now on listen to critics.

Another, smaller observation is that the new "verified" vote at RT is bigger than the old one. That clearly shows Aladdin is review-bombed by vengeful idiots who haven't even seen it. We have seen posts by dozens of such individuals in this very thread.

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

Part of me wonders if Smith was in some kind of mild coma for the past decade or so he just came out of? It's like he went into some kind of autopilot mode after I Am Legend, and it took rubbing a lamp to wake him up. 

He went into this deep comatose state that helped his dramatic roles... Ali, pursuit of happiness, 7 pounds... by the time he was suppose to snap out of it gen y, xxx, baby sharks etc happened...he is a sharp creative go getter and i am not surprised liveliness gets depleted when a person like that is surrounded by mediocrity 😢

TTVOMJ

Just now, shayhiri said:

Yes, I long before said Aladdin is an exceptional movie and will be a TREMENDOUS crowd-pleaser. This is not the important part.

The real question is: how and why the mercenary imbeciles known as "critics" at RT tried to kill these two exceptional movies? People should never forget - and never from now on listen to critics.

Another, smaller observation is that the new "verified" vote at RT is bigger than the old one. That clearly shows Aladdin is review-bombed by vengeful idiots who haven't even seen it. We have seen posts by dozens of such individuals in this very thread.

"Everyone who disagrees with me is an idiot. People shouldn't have different opinions to mine. waaaaa"

By the way, your precious Alita flopped and had extremely mediocre legs so not a good comparison.

5 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Havent watched aladdin yet and i am looking forward to it, but.... alita? 0.o 

Strongly disagree:) i like that she is a force for good in the face of evil, but that film is a sterile cgi mess... i will defend it in front of angry incels or feminazis or any other regular non movielover, but here we have standards

Edit: alita belongs in the 90's/00's with JC on helm... no compromise.. even RR who is a supergeek hyphenate moviemaker admitted his ambition is like a niche compared to cameron

TTVOMJ

Edited by Maximum Avery
Added text

Watched the original Aladdin. And look, I already lined up what do I appreciate about the remake - it does its own fun thing in a few ways, it's actually an improvement in some others, and it's not as bad as some of the other Disney remakes of the last few years - but good God, is there a night and day difference between the original and this new version. The original is an absolute classic in every sense of the way. Aladdin's arc is great, he is a lovable, charming, charismatic, (mostly) smart protagonist that you root for from the 1st moment, every supporting character is great - from the Genie, to Jasmine, to Jafar, to Abu, to Iago, to the Sultan, to the fucking Carpet who might be one of the most amazing feats of characterization in film ever.... a faceless magic carpet bursting with more personality and expression than entire movies themselves - every single song is catchy, fun and upbeat, the spectacle is awetastic, the coloring is striking and beautiful..... GODDAMN, IT'S A FUCKING GOOD MOVIE. IT'S GEWD. REALLY. FUCKING. GOOD. One of the best animated movies ever made, without a doubt. The remake has a few cool things about it, but compared to the '92 film, it's like putting The Lion King next to its direct-to-home video sequels.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Watched the original Aladdin. And look, I already lined up what do I appreciate about the remake - it does its own fun thing in a few ways, it's actually an improvement in some others, and it's not as bad as some of the other Disney remakes of the last few years - but good God, is there a night and day difference between the original and this new version. The original is an absolute classic in every sense of the way. Aladdin's arc is great, he is a lovable, charming, charismatic, (mostly) smart protagonist that you root for from the 1st moment, every supporting character is great - from the Genie, to Jasmine, to Jafar, to Abu, to Iago, to the Sultan, to the fucking Carpet who might be one of the most amazing feats of characterization in film ever.... a faceless magic carpet bursting with more personality and expression than entire movies themselves - every single song is catchy, fun and upbeat, the spectacle is awetastic, the coloring is striking and beautiful..... GODDAMN, IT'S A FUCKING GOOD MOVIE. IT'S GEWD. REALLY. FUCKING. GOOD. One of the best animated movies ever made, without a doubt. The remake has a few cool things about it, but compared to the '92 film, it's like putting The Lion King next to its direct-to-home video sequels.

Aladdin 92' fanboys are already quaking over the remakes domination. 

• Haha 2

Did I watch the same movie as everyone else here? The movie felt about as hollow as I was expecting it to be. I guess I’ll give it points for making more of an effort to deviate from the animated film compared to Beauty and the Beast, but it still felt like another factory made remake that is completely inferior to the animated one, and that just dragged on, despite not even being that long. 

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 2