grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

33 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Critics don't have an agenda but regarding these Disney live action remake, lots of them have decided they were against the very idea of these movies.

The bias is real.

They often have agenda that's the problem. Several of the super negative reviews for Captain Marvel were just ridiculous. Sonny Bunch acted like it was horrible. He spent pages defending why BVS should deserve a sequel and it could have been great blah blah blah. It was bad and Justice League was worse.

He then later said it was a top 5 film of the decade, as well as Justice League and Man of Steel. Not only does he have an agenda he's a terrible critic.

Edited by cdsacken

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

So how far this can do dom, 280m, 300m ?

I'm looking to Bruce Almighty as a comp for this (3.6x). The last big MD opener that had great audience reception and wasn't a CBM. Granted that was a long time ago, however I think the fact that Aladdin is family aimed and prone to better legs than a comedy can compensate for the box office era gap. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Aladdin pulled in $12m on Tuesday ... That is impressive. 

$250m DOM isn't out of  reach. 

Well , with that kind of number I believe that words is a little bit harsh. It’s more like extremely possible if not locked.

I genuinely think we should ban all discussion of critics being "biased" or "having an agenda" and confine it to a single thread dedicated to this topic, similar to the Fan Wars thread. The discussion comes up time and time again, and it just isn't a productive one, IMHO.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Now that the dust has settled, people can now realize how insanely BatB perfomed.

yep and had it not been for Boss Baby breakout that stole some family money, it would have gone higher dom. OS performance was particularly impressive since it's a musical which isn't every market's thing. 

Edited by Valonqar

20 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

I genuinely think we should ban all discussion of critics being "biased" or "having an agenda" and confine it to a single thread dedicated to this topic, similar to the Fan Wars thread. The discussion comes up time and time again, and it just isn't a productive one, IMHO.

Peace,

Mike

Fair enough as long as it's not mentioned either way then.

1 minute ago, cdsacken said:

Weird that people are already counting out Lion King with 180-230 tracking. If it opens for 230+ Beauty and the Beast is done.

IF it beat Beasts by "just" 100m, it would go in the column of wow that beauty and the beast got really big.

5 minutes ago, Barnack said:

IF it beat Beasts by "just" 100m, it would go in the column of wow that beauty and the beast got really big.

I guess felt like the comment was saying Lion King won't be huge. It's gonna be massive. Beauty and the Beast was massive and it deserved it (imo of course)

Edited by cdsacken