grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

3 hours ago, Maximum Avery said:

Thats just your interpretation of my interpretation.. being AGAINST something as you say trivial is something i find pretty revealing.. and when you put a smile after it like its all honky dory i get the creepy doorman image ;)

TTVOMJ

Everything you say here strikes me as ... weird, at best. 👎

This was a really cute movie. My favourite disney live action movie so far.

Mena & Naomi were charming together. Will did a great job imho ...gave Genie his own take without trying to imitate Robin Williams.

Soundtrack is pretty great! *plays Arabian Nights on loop for the next 24 hours* 

• Like 3

Ok: Let me phrase this...a moment of suspense:.................It was really good, in fact pretty awesome...i have to say. Easily one of the better Disney live action remakes, up there with TJB, Cinderella, 101 Dalmatians & BATB.

Will Smith, Mena Massoud & Naomi Scott were pretty spot on with their roles. Even the non-talking characters like Abu & the Carpet had their time to shine.

I also think...(and please, don’t laugh at me when i say this)....Marwan Kenzari to my surprise...did more than fairly good Jafar. Not as perfectly great as the original animated counterpart, but still a worthy performance.

So...yeah, i do recommend this to Disney-fans, Aladdin-fans, Guy Ritchie fans and even fantasy/adventure-fans. I can see why it connects to a wide audience and why it’s going to make more money than what the nay-sayers expected. 💁🏻‍♀️

Now, i’m even more excited about how The Lion King will turn out. 🦁

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, SteveJaros said:

Everything you say here strikes me as ... weird, at best. 👎

Then there is no reason to reply.. you only draw more attention to yourself.. xD like imagine a priest being even wrongly accused of child molesting and then on church fb page he goes calling the children flirtatious xD

Creepy double edged blade:p 

Isnt that weird?

TTVOMJ

Edited by Maximum Avery
Typos
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Maximum Avery said:

Then there is no reason to reply.. you only draw more attention to yourself.. xD like imagine a priest being even wrongly accused of child molesting and then on church fb page he goes calling the children flirtatious xD

Creepy double edged blade:p 

Isnt that weird?

TTVOMJ

I reply just to see what ridiculous statements or analogies you will come up with next.  :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

I reply just to see what ridiculous statements or analogies you will come up with next.  :rolleyes:

It must have worked if you called it an analogy..hihihi... so it cant be a ridiculous statement.. or you meant really really funny one.. in that case ty^^

and there is that emotionless dr mengele smile again :o xD jk

TTVOMJ

Just saw Aladdin for the FIFTH time, in the biggest IMAX. It is just as fun as the first time, or even more - and I would like to see it at least 5 or 10 MORE times...

BUT!

I can't tell you how mad I am at this useless nerd-lizard movie that is taking all the big screens tomorrow... 🤬 And for what?? Just to make LESS $ than Aladdin on Aladdin's second weekend, LOL (and then drop like a cursed rock like last Godzilla did)...

Same reason I hated the Marvel soapies this year: both Captain Marvel: the Second Female Avenger and Avengers 18: F*cking Finally!! kept all the biggest screens for a whole f*cking month EACH, destroying the cinema experience for normal non-nerd people... But yeah, at least they made some money, unlike Nerdzilla.

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 2

3 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Ok: Let me phrase this...a moment of suspense:.................It was really good, in fact pretty awesome...i have to say. Easily one of the better Disney live action remakes, up there with TJB, Cinderella, 101 Dalmatians & BATB.

Will Smith, Mena Massoud & Naomi Scott were pretty spot on with their roles. Even the non-talking characters like Abu & the Carpet had their time to shine.

I also think...(and please, don’t laugh at me when i say this)....Marwan Kenzari to my surprise...did more than fairly good Jafar. Not as perfectly great as the original animated counterpart, but still a worthy performance.

So...yeah, i do recommend this to Disney-fans, Aladdin-fans, Guy Ritchie fans and even fantasy/adventure-fans. I can see why it connects to a wide audience and why it’s going to make more money than what the nay-sayers expected. 💁🏻‍♀️

Now, i’m even more excited about how The Lion King will turn out. 🦁

That was a really nice review, and I agree with everything, especially the Kenzari part. Spot on.

Thanks for that, and I hope you and I have just as much fun with future movies - like with this one.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Just saw Aladdin for the FIFTH time, in the biggest IMAX. It is just as fun as the first time, or even more - and I would like to see it at least 5 or 10 MORE times...

BUT!

I can't tell you how mad I am at this useless nerd-lizard movie that is taking all the big screens tomorrow... 🤬 And for what?? Just to make LESS $ than Aladdin on Aladdin's second weekend, LOL (and then drop like a cursed rock like last Godzilla did)...

Same reason I hated the Marvel soapies this year: both Captain Marvel: the Second Female Avenger and Avengers 18: F*cking Finally!! kept all the biggest screens for a whole f*cking month EACH, destroying the cinema experience for normal non-nerd people... But yeah, at least they made some money, unlike Nerdzilla.

K my baby boo... you are officially the newest jazz in town from now on xD so edgy and sharpy and cutty... can i tickle you little keshkeen?:)

keshkeen=hairless gen xyzx baby shark androgenous shawn mendes lookalikes

TTVOMJ

14 minutes ago, Maximum Avery said:

K my baby boo... you are officially the newest jazz in town from now on xD so edgy and sharpy and cutty... can i tickle you little keshkeen?:)

keshkeen=hairless gen xyzx baby shark androgenous shawn mendes lookalikes

TTVOMJ

Yeah dude, back away... I am forty-something and look like the biggest Sumo wrestler out there - but with CHEST HAIR, lots of it...

Imagine that.

So go bother @lorddemaxus pls (the other one that downvoted my latest post) - he looks much closer to what you imagine here (whatever the f*ck that is, you're pretty weird with words :) but hey, we can't all be the Sha...kespeare).

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

14 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Yeah dude, back away... I am forty-something and look like the biggest Sumo wrestler out there - but with CHEST HAIR, lots of it...

Imagine that.

So go bother @lorddemaxus pls (the other one that downvoted my latest post) - he looks much closer to what you imagine here (whatever the f*ck that is, you're pretty weird with words :) but hey, we can't all be the Sha...kespeare).

I think shakespear didnt want to be anyone beside himself... i guess he also sounded weird to some people... if you want to be like him.. there's your cue ^^ we have 5 famous people in my country politics who refer to themselves in 3rd party(dont know how to say it).. 1 is behind bars for 7y(ex prime minister), 1 is an ex national football association head, 1 is a current national football association head, 1 is a mayor of our capitol for last 17 years and also awaiting dozens of court orders and facing 'imminent' jailtime and... last but not least one is our biggest football club owner on a run from law and awaiting extradition from the country in which he hides atm

So go for it i say! XD you know best!!^^

TTVOMJ

Edited by Maximum Avery
Typos

23 minutes ago, ban1o said:

went to see this for a second time. Loved it even more lol. The opening is beautiful. 

Saw this for a second time as well. It's really good, I'm not sure why critical reception is any lower than BatB but that's just me. 

I watched it yesterday and can see why it's getting such great WOM. I mean, people were notoriously excited, and clapped like 3 different times while the movie was ending, something that i haven't seen in a long time; what a crowd pleaser. 

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Saw this for a second time as well. It's really good, I'm not sure why critical reception is any lower than BatB but that's just me. 

I'd imagine it's because critics are wary of the overload of the Disney live-action remakes. Personally I think it was much better then BATB, which I thought at best was aggressively mediocre. Had Aladdin been released earlier then that film, then I actually think it would have had the same kind of reviews. 

Edited by Fancyarcher

1 hour ago, Fancyarcher said:

I'd imagine it's because critics are wary of the overload of the Disney live-action remakes. Personally I think it was much better then BATB, which I thought at best was aggressively mediocre. Had Aladdin been released earlier then that film, then I actually think it would have had the same kind of reviews. 

I liked Beauty but it's not as good second time around. 

I think after Dumbo and the poor marketing, expectations were pretty low for Aladdin, I certainly didn't think it would turn out as good as it did. It's not as good as the original but  it's on par with the musical adaptation.

25 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I liked Beauty but it's not as good second time around. 

I think after Dumbo and the poor marketing, expectations were pretty low for Aladdin, I certainly didn't think it would turn out as good as it did. It's not as good as the original but  it's on par with the musical adaptation.

Yeah, it's a lot better then I expected, especially given how poorly done the marketing was. The movie didn't exactly wow me, but it's a nice little "charmer". Comparing it more to the Broadway version, seems about right.