grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

I finally saw this movie today and it's pretty DANG good. After the trailers I thought this would be average at best but this is legitimately Disney's best or 2nd best remake (can't decide b/w this & TJB). Robin Williams as Genie will always remain immortal but Will Smith was tremendous too and it's a good thing that he did his own thing. The real scene stealer or I should say best performer was Naomi Scott hands down, not only did she act well, her singing was just unreal, it was beautiful. Other cast did well too and I don't understand the criticism about Jafar, I thought he was fine. Hopefully there's a sequel.

8.5/10.

• Like 2

On 5/31/2019 at 6:21 AM, Maximum Avery said:

Try harder... there is no double seat bicycle backpedaling... its just not doable xD analogy is an analogy.. not an attempt.. and certainly not after being exposed cindy^^  you cant acuse someone of attempt of sarcasm or irony... its felt.. GAME OVER.

TTVOMJ

You are hilarious. And quite on the dumb side, your analogy was pathetic and your efforts to defend it and your other stupid comments here ridiculous.  But keep it coming!  :D

Edited by SteveJaros

On 5/31/2019 at 1:38 AM, DAJK said:

So I was working on Tuesday and I ran into a girl I used to be friends with in middle school. Me and some of my friends stopped talking to her because she got really opinionated once getting into high school and we couldn't take it anymore (she was always very religious and it never mattered but once we started grade 9 literally any conversation you had with her was her being confrontational about "why don't YOU believe in God" "how dare you say abortion is a woman's choice" etc.

Anyways whenever I do run into her at work she's always friendly with me and stuff. So I bumped into her when she was leaving this movie and I asked her what she thought and she literally said (and I quote)

"it was really good! But I didn't like Jasmine's new song. Women should not be speaking when there is a capable man present. We should be quiet. No Jasmine! No speaking!" 

it was damn weird. It's really sad that there are people who think this way, about themselves no less

I think this is fake news. Has to be.

• Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, SteveJaros said:

You are hilarious. And quite on the dumb side, your analogy was pathetic and your efforts to defend it and your other stupid comments here ridiculous.  But keep it coming!  :D

Now thats just average:/ meh..

a fool to expect more i am

TTVOMJ

1 hour ago, Maximum Avery said:

Now thats just average:/ meh..

a fool to expect more i am

TTVOMJ

What a clown show this dummy is. But hey, let's hope Aladdin takes  a big bite out of Godzilla's box office, eh? :)

Edited by SteveJaros
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, oMeriMombatti said:

I finally saw this movie today and it's pretty DANG good. After the trailers I thought this would be average at best but this is legitimately Disney's best or 2nd best remake (can't decide b/w this & TJB). Robin Williams as Genie will always remain immortal but Will Smith was tremendous too and it's a good thing that he did his own thing. The real scene stealer or I should say best performer was Naomi Scott hands down, not only did she act well, her singing was just unreal, it was beautiful. Other cast did well too and I don't understand the criticism about Jafar, I thought he was fine. Hopefully there's a sequel.

8.5/10.

I liked Jafar better on 2nd viewing. In retrospect, it may have been because his character was most different from my expectations. Aladdin was played pretty straight-up by Mena. Jasmine's role is expanded, but character-wise she's still the same strong-willed princess and Naomi is definitely a powerhouse in the role. For Genie, I expected Will Smith... and got Will Smith. Jafar was very different from what I was expecting from the animated version, and I guess I got caught in the comparison trap. On 2nd viewing, I had accepted the changes so I saw the angle they were going for - he's basically what Aladdin would have turned into if Aladdin kept "drinking from THAT cup" and didn't turn back.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

What a clown show this dummy is.

--But hey, let's hope Aladdin takes  a big bite out of Godzilla's box office, eh?-- :)

You can even keep the first part...still mediocre:/ the only bad thing i get enjoyment from is bullying a bully.. and if he is an average one it gets messy sandy

TTVOMJ

My one big mistake with this showing was not sticking around for the credits.

Normally I do but my mother was running out of the theater.

I can just imagine how they look with that song playing over them...probably stylized with those symmetrical detailed designs on the sides of the words.

29 minutes ago, Wally said:

Watched it again. Yeah, it's a very good movie. Will never get the hate.

There's not really hate. If someone really hates it, even without seeing it, that would be a racist/xenophobe case, and these are not that many - at least with this Arab movie.

It's more like:

1. Prejudice.

2. Complicity (letting the crowd decide for you what you do).

3. Plain old stupidity - and combinations of those 3.

PS: 98% of the people who saw this movie liked it. Most liked it A LOT and would see it again!

So don't miss out, slow guys. Listen to all the people who already saw it.

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, oMeriMombatti said:

8.5/10.

I've seen it today and i totally agree

18 hours ago, Maximum Avery said:

You can even keep the first part...still mediocre:/ the only bad thing i get enjoyment from is bullying a bully.. and if he is an average one it gets messy sandy

TTVOMJ

Yes, I feel so "bullied" by your laughably lame analogies and points of view, LOL. Figures though that a sad clown like yourself would admit to trying to be a bully, your comments have been weird and uncalled for since the git.

But hey, looks like Aladdin IS taking a nice bite out of Godzilla's box office. Hooray! :D

13 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Yes, I feel so "bullied" by your laughably lame analogies and points of view, LOL. Figures though that a sad clown like yourself would admit to trying to be a bully, your comments have been weird and uncalled for since the git.

But hey, looks like Aladdin IS taking a nice bite out of Godzilla's box office. Hooray! :D

Sandy... that  YUGE LOL is so wanna be lvl 1...

mentioning godzilla and aladdin is becoming autistic?0.0 we should want big numbers..there is no bias except bias against low numbers... godzilla is my 2nd most anticipated movie this year... you come off as a random child in front of a kindergarden trying to put an unwanted toy in my hand  o.O or even worse.. a call girl calling you across the street while you are with your family trying to reach a diner unschathed... let go

TTVOMJ

Edited by Maximum Avery
Typos

5 minutes ago, Maximum Avery said:

Sandy... that  YUGE LOL is so wanna be

LOL .... Minimum Lamery can't help himself.  He's a bot that has to respond no matter how many times he is debunked. Like Wile E Coyote calling himself a Super Genius as he proves himself an idiot again and again.

But back on topic ... Aladdin looks to be pulling in about 42m DOM this weekend, Godzilla around 50m. Good news for Aladdin, not for Godzilla. Hooray! :)