grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

15 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

LOL .... Minimum Lamery can't help himself.  He's a bot that has to respond no matter how many times he is debunked. Like Wile E Coyote calling himself a Super Genius as he proves himself an idiot again and again.

But back on topic ... Aladdin looks to be pulling in about 42m DOM this weekend, Godzilla around 50m. Good news for Aladdin, not for Godzilla. Hooray! :)

Let go sandy.. your references smell like geeks room

TTVOMJ

On 6/1/2019 at 9:48 AM, Maximum Avery said:

If anything, so long as we have church in classes, in constitution, politics, money... dont use word pushy close to something OBVIOUSLY needed AS PROGRESS.. tyvm^^ this is coming from a catholic btw

TTVOMJ

Not what I'm saying at all. 

So far (after 24 days ... 25 for Indy4): 

- Aladdin (91/116M ow; 263M after a 16.7M 4th we)

- POTC3 (114/139M ow; 274M after a 12.4M 4th we)

- Indy4 (100/127M ow; 276M after a 14.7M 4th we) 

In fact POTC3 and Indy4 opened on a thursday, so on day 4 they were on 153M and 152M respectively. 

Aladdin has reduced the gap from -37M to -12M for a good 25M. And this 4th we Aladdin was above them both.

5th weekend saw a decline of 42% for POTC4 (7M) and Indy4 (8.5M). A similar drop for Aladdin would mean a 9.7M, and with similar holds for the weekdays it's been having these last weeks, Aladdin could end 5th we at 282M (where POTC3 was at 287M and Indy4 at 290M). But I think Aladdin is gonna hold better (with TS4 double features).  So, at this rate, I think Aladdin has a good chance of surpassing Indy4 as the biggest MD we movie with 317M+

The other "battle field" is the intl./ww bo.

- Indy4 splits into 317 + 469 = 786M

- POTC3 splits into 309 + 654 = 963M

- Aladdin splits into 263 + 461 = 724M

Surpassing Indy4 is a done deal. Now I wonder if Aladdin can beat POTC3. If Aladdin is to reach the MD we record, it's still 54M in the tank. Internationally it added 86M this last week, of which 20M came from Japan only. So 66 from the rest of the world. That could mean, some other ¿40M? for the rest of the summer. Then there's Japan, where it trending to a final run of 90M. So still 60M from there to come. All that makes 154M still for Aladdin for a total of 878M ww. 900M seems on reach (who would have said it some weeks ago!!) but the ww record seems a bit out of reach.

In the end, 900M seems like a nice figure for Aladdin (though the 1B figure would have been superb) 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, meriodejaneiro said:

So far (after 24 days ... 25 for Indy4): 

- Aladdin (91/116M ow; 263M after a 16.7M 4th we)

- POTC3 (114/139M ow; 274M after a 12.4M 4th we)

- Indy4 (100/127M ow; 276M after a 14.7M 4th we) 

In fact POTC3 and Indy4 opened on a thursday, so on day 4 they were on 153M and 152M respectively. 

Aladdin has reduced the gap from -37M to -12M for a good 25M. And this 4th we Aladdin was above them both.

5th weekend saw a decline of 42% for POTC4 (7M) and Indy4 (8.5M). A similar drop for Aladdin would mean a 9.7M, and with similar holds for the weekdays it's been having these last weeks, Aladdin could end 5th we at 282M (where POTC3 was at 287M and Indy4 at 290M). But I think Aladdin is gonna hold better (with TS4 double features).  So, at this rate, I think Aladdin has a good chance of surpassing Indy4 as the biggest MD we movie with 317M+

The other "battle field" is the intl./ww bo.

- Indy4 splits into 317 + 469 = 786M

- POTC3 splits into 309 + 654 = 963M

- Aladdin splits into 263 + 461 = 724M

Surpassing Indy4 is a done deal. Now I wonder if Aladdin can beat POTC3. If Aladdin is to reach the MD we record, it's still 54M in the tank. Internationally it added 86M this last week, of which 20M came from Japan only. So 66 from the rest of the world. That could mean, some other ¿40M? for the rest of the summer. Then there's Japan, where it trending to a final run of 90M. So still 60M from there to come. All that makes 154M still for Aladdin for a total of 878M ww. 900M seems on reach (who would have said it some weeks ago!!) but the ww record seems a bit out of reach.

In the end, 900M seems like a nice figure for Aladdin (though the 1B figure would have been superb) 

What about korea?^^ you missed 20-30m more in your calculus

TTVOMJ

9 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

For anyone who might be interested, here’s the YMS guy’s review of the film. He...wasn’t a fan. 

eh, if audiences loved it so much I'm not sure why YMS' take matters.

A bit too cliche and cheesy. Made the movie too black and white. Would've liked to establish some of Jasmine's leadership qualities in the 1st act .  Still don't know why Jafar's intention to marry.

But songs were amazing. Will Smith was great. Naomi Scott as well. Some parts made me feel like I was floating on air.

Solid - 7/10