grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

The casting of most animation films is still full of the current Hollywood roster actors.

Shrek was obviously the watershed moment for voice acting.

I mean everybody goes see the Dragon movies for Gerald Butler and Jay Bachurel, right ?

• Like 1

On 10/19/2018 at 3:07 PM, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Aladdin teaser has 17m views after a week. Will probably have over 20+m before the official trailer launch. 

Maybe if the official trailer flops than people should be concerned. Right now the hype is there. 

Wait for a trailer with the theme "A Whole New World" in it, and there you have the hype-wave coming ... 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, meriodejaneiro said:

Wait for a trailer with the theme "A Whole New World" in it, and there you have the hype-wave coming ... 

I just hope that they put the trailer remix of A Whole New World in the soundtrack, though I have no reason to think they will...

Since they didn't even bother with Beauty and the Beast and The Bare Necessities.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2018 at 6:51 PM, CoolEric258 said:

The treasure room looks pretty ugly in the new movie with these blue light sources against the shiny yellow gold. Why go for blue colours there? Where is that light coming from? The moon?  It looks considerably more impressive and inviting in the original. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TheBigYawn said:

The treasure room looks pretty ugly in the new movie with these blue light sources against the shiny yellow gold. Why go for blue colours there? Where is that light coming from? The moon?  It looks considerably more impressive and inviting in the original. 

The one thing that gets to me is how cramped-looking the Cave of Wonders looks like. Maybe it's just the room of the lamp, but it doesn't look never-ending or vast like in the '91 movie. For something that touts itself as the "Cave of Wonders", I expect something larger than life.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

For something that touts itself as the "Cave of Wonders", I expect something larger than life.

The place looks cursed. If I were there I'd almost expect Smaug to appear from the shadows. Heck, the gold chamber in The Hobbit was more impressive than this. 

Edited by TheBigYawn

6 hours ago, Alli said:

Well, original score for Aladdin is kind of difficult to improve. Its a masterpiece imo (as TLK was, and some other movies in that golden Disney era, with Alan Menken  on the lead). So I don't expect new songs to get steal the show to what the original movie has to offer. I think I even wouldn't like if they tried to make better songs than A Whole New World or the Genie show, or Arabian Nights. 

• Like 1

On 10/23/2018 at 3:05 PM, TheBigYawn said:

Is Guy Ritchie directing this? It looks anything but gritty judging by the teaser. Very saturated and colourful. 

I have to disagree. The treasure room is mostly blue and the desert with the city of Agrabah looks like it's made out of dirt, the sky is the same colour as the desert, there is very little contrast. The day scenes looked like a cheap movie set on mars or a Mad Max knock off. Fury Road in comparison looks way more interesting in the way it was shot and graded. I believe Fury Road was greatly improved from what was presented in the trailer but I have my doubts that Guy Ritchie will change things that much for the theatrical release.

Edited by Louis Lux

On 11/3/2018 at 1:04 PM, Alli said:

Will Smith has to work because the cartoon was Genie show too. Leads were bland like all Disney leads. Their animated movies are always about rockstar supporting characters or villians.

Good time at the cinema = legs. a movie doesn't have to be amazeballs as in getting stellar reviews. It's enough to be entertaining and they'll come. Just look at :Venom:

Edited by Valonqar