grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

Just now, Fullbuster said:

Let's stop the BS about "Mr X and Miss Y in my family aren't excited", the huge majority of people don't get excited or interested in a movie before a few days before its release when marketing kicks in.

You know that's how it works, that's why you sometimes have movies/games with a completely unexpected success, early hype doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things.

anecdotal evidence always ends up supporting the POV of whoever relates anecdotal evidence. if they root for the movie than they anecdotally always run into people who are supper excited. if they don't they anecdotally only run into people who have no interest. in short, it really doesn't help.

• Haha 1

Just now, Valonqar said:

anecdotal evidence always ends up supporting the POV of whoever relates anecdotal evidence. if they root for the movie than they anecdotally always run into people who are supper excited. if they don't they anecdotally only run into people who have no interest. in short, it really doesn't help.

If I were to use it here, I would say it indicates Aladdin will be focusing on its adult and nostalgia hooks much higher to drive box office, ala Beauty and the Beast, b/c it will take pushing the adults, not the kids, to bring in families...in fact, I'd be curious if any parent's kids are pushing this movie now...we have more than the 2 of us on here, and if all the kids are pushing the June movies (and Pika), it says this could play more like an MP2 than a B&TB...the demo breakdown for Dumbo might end up being the most on point for this one, too, b/c I don't sense a groundswell of kid support yet for that one, either...

This and the Lion King should’ve had way more marketing. Hell this year seems extremely big for Disney, they should be going all out on their slate. I understand their method of restraining Endgame footage but this should be an event as well. I guess they wasted all that on Captain Marvel’s marketing.

1 minute ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

This and the Lion King should’ve had way more marketing. Hell this year seems extremely big for Disney, they should be going all out on their slate. I understand their method of restraining Endgame footage but this should be an event as well. I guess they wasted all that on Captain Marvel’s marketing.

These movies don't come out for another couple of months. Relax.

Forget everything else - "A Whole New World" is the true money shot for all 90s babies.

Like the Jurassic World music, it is simply a time capsule back into childhood. 

Edited by excel1

25 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Better trailer but that's like saying I would rather be electrocuted than castrated. Naomi Scott performance looks good but the rest of the cast looks all sorts of bad.

Eh, Will Smith looks like he could be fun. Yeah, he's playing himself, but...he's good at playing himself

21 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Forget everything else - "A Whole New World" is the true money shot for all 90s babies.

Like the Jurassic World music, it is simply a time capsule back into childhood. 

Imagine year 2040 when Frozen will be made into a live-action.

Let it go... Let it gooooo ❄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

Lion King hasn't needed more marketing. It's the freaking Lion King. First off, it still doesn't release until July. I can assure you that the second trailer will debut with Endgame late next month.

The teaser for Lion King is the third most watched trailer of all time, behind Infinity War and Engame's debut trailers.

Give me a break.