grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

9 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

To be fair it takes a while. I don’t think PikaPika was trending until like 5 hours after the trailer.

referring to Twittter. Pikachu and Mewtwo were trending for the 2nd trailer almost the whole day. This is almost out of the worldwide trend and is down to 7 Domestic and nothing else from the trailer is trending.

This is literally the first full trailer, it should be top trending no matter what is going on. Pikachu trended as did multiple Pokemon in tthe first trailer for the entire day despite Stan Lee's death happening.

Heck the 2nd trailer had the entire Michael Cohen debacle going on and it still trending the majoriity of the day. Aladdin is almost gone and it's only been less then 4 hrs and it's the first full trailer.

Aunt Becky and her debacle is overshadowing Aladdin.

Edited by Cappoedameron
  • Knock It Off 1

15 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

...It's not trending top on any social media though. Not good for it's first actual trailer.

Anyways I think Mesa was a mistake for Aladdin, he doesn't fit it IMO. Jasmine is also conservative. Jafar also doesn't sound menacing at all, too high a voice.

My issues with Genie were subsided but I don't expect this will do as good as people expect. Memorial Day weekend has been a BO killer for a long time.

It takes some time to trend.

But anyway, the question is almost everyone bury the movie last month, so there’s not so much people expecting good numbers from this movie until today. I don’t think it will breakout domestically before and i still don’t think, but reactions today show the movie is far from dead, buzz exists and people are excited now so this could pull decent numbers at least (which is +200M domestic). Worldwide is another story, it will be a hit anyway, even the spot was kinda well received outside US.

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

It takes some time to trend.

But anyway, the question is almost everyone bury the movie last month, so there’s not so much people expecting good numbers from this movie until today. I don’t think it will breakout domestically before and i still don’t think, but reactions today show the movie is far from dead, buzz exists and people are excited now so this could pull decent numbers at least (which is +200M domestic). Worldwide is another story, it will be a hit anyway, even the spot was kinda well received outside US.

Again Twitter, not Youtube. Aunt Becky has completely overshadowed Aladdin.

3 hours ago, cax16 said:

Looks good , I’m sure all the Disney fans will like it, but my family hasn’t been feeling any of the new live actions movies recently. We didn’t see mpr, kids and wife have no interest in this or dumbo.

Who's the man in the house? Put them in the car and take them to Aladdin, they'll be thankful later. :) (Good thing you missed MPR, Dumbo is for small kids too.)

Edited by shayhiri

Just now, Cappoedameron said:

Again Twitter, not Youtube. Aunt Becky has completely overshadowed Aladdin.

Ok i get it, this isn’t that important for me. This movie faces a BIG backlash last month, so change the reception is far more important now than trend, and they do a good job with this.

Also, it’s the first full trailer but it’s also the third official video about this movie and usually the first one is the biggest no matter what, the teaser was really huge on social media so i don’t see the problem in being overshadowed, it’s still doing great numbers.

19 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Who's the man in the house? Put them in the car and take them to Aladdin, they'll be thankful later. :) (Good thing you missed MPR, Dumbo is for small kids too.)

Again not getting how all three aren’t for small kids.

13 minutes ago, excel1 said:

A Whole New World is trending when I check twatter. 

Yes was a big fat mistake to not include AWNW in original trailer. 

Agreed. It would’ve drew more attention.

Had this been coming out in say October or a summer without much competition or live action remakes like Lion King, I could’ve seen $500M DOM for this.

Huge mixed bag of a trailer. First off, who the hell over in editing thought that was a good way to start a trailer? I felt that confusion you get when you're dropped right into the middle of a scene after going to the bathroom at the theater. Literally the most abrupt and jarring trailer beginning ever that I can think of. Secondly, Ritchie's gimmicky style of action can go fuck itself, and I really hate that he's soiling Aladdin with. And finally, the dude playing Jafar still looks Razzie level bad, and he had a decent amount of dialouge this time. Geez, I hope he's in it as little as possible, which is a massive fail on their part because Jafar should be an amazing scenery chewer villain. Also the Aladdin guy looks granola as all get out, but compared to the guy playing Jafar, at least he's not cringey. 

Thankfully the second half was better. It actually looks like Smith is doing the most he can with this and is probably gonna be the saving grace of the film. No one can replace Williams and I'm not even a big Smith fan, but he does seem like he's really trying here and not just sleep walking through a paycheck, which is kinda what I expected. The actress playing Jasmine also seems like she might be really good, why the heck have they been hiding her so much? And some of the visuals in the second half of the trailer are nice, but also it feels like they just kinda threw every money shot in there considering they knew the bad buzz the marketing has gotten so far. So yeah, this looks like a mixed bag of good and really bad at best to me. 

20 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

First off, who the hell over in editing thought that was a good way to start a trailer? I felt that confusion you get when you're dropped right into the middle of a scene after going to the bathroom at the theater.

It had my attention. The slick action sequence in the first few seconds made me want to see the trailer a second time.

1 hour ago, shayhiri said:

I’m not really interested in Aladdin myself so I think I’ll pass lol.

We have more then enough movies coming out in the next few months. I need to see Shazam and endgame a few times each before that other stuff. 

• Like 1