grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

THIS...gave me chills.

What a great trailer.

Watch as the doom and gloom brigade gets proven wrong as this makes a billion dollars (and watch as CM comes close but does not).

I was hesitant at first, but this trailer has gotten everyone at where I work abuzz. I showed this to my co-workers and they were all dazzled and in awe (the most common reaction: "AWWWW! I want to see this soooo bad!!! I had no idea that this was coming"

Oh, and my male co-workers are still on the Will-Smith-is Awesome train, guys...

The nostalgia factor will be super strong with this, and if an utterly mediocre film like BATB can make a billion dollars, a mediocre film by Guy Ritchie based on a beloved Disney classic that adjusts to way more than the original BATB will do a billion too.

Watch as it happens.

• Thanks 1

As someone who thought the teasers were god awful,   this trailer sold me.  It looks at least like a lot of fun and I love the colors and the production design.  Aladdin is one of my very favorites growing up and I love Will Smith so I wanted it to be good..  I was scared for a minute there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DAJK said:

Reception to the trailer seems really good overall. Gonna go back up and say this will do more than MPR domestic. 

LOL @ the troll. Auntie Poppins flopped, rightfully, being a dreadful bore.

Aladdin gonna make her domestic total in his OW. :) And her OS number is so pathetic we won't even mention it.

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

3 hours ago, Viktor Vilotijevic said:

In all honesty, this looks really bad. Acting looks horrible, and the overall feeling is - it looks cheap. Idk, this will probably pull 250-300 million in the US, and definitely 500+ million overseas, but it still doesn't mean it's a good film.

LOL, as if anything else is good amongst the big movies. Fucking superheroes drowning everything. Aladdin at least is original and bold in its setting. Show your respect for that!

PS: I'd much rather have a well made Bollywood movie (and Aladdin is SO much more than that!) than the same superhero circlej*rk, again, and again, and again.

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

LOL, as if anything else is good amongst the big movies. Fucking superheroes drowning everything. Aladdin at least is original and bold in its setting. Show your respect to that!

Not really. Middle Eastern desert settings aren’t all that rare in movies. 

8 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Not really. Middle Eastern desert settings aren’t all that rare in movies. 

Hahaha, name 10 such movies then, recent and big, like Prince of Persia. (here, I gave you one)

Because I can name 50! recent and big Superhero movies, and fucking THOUSANDS of recent and big movies set in the most boring place and time in the history of Earth: present US of A.

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, shayhiri said:

Hahaha, name 10 such movies then, recent and big, like Prince of Persia.

Because I can name 50! recent and big Superhero movies, and a fucking THOUSAND of recent and big movies set in the most boring place on Earth: present North America.

Off the top of my head, there’s Raiders of the Lost ArkTransformers: Revenge of the Fallen and the Mummy movies. 

4 hours ago, shayhiri said:

Lol, exactly!

I just called out cax16 on that. He was like: my kids are not interested in seeing Aladdin. I was like: really? so just take them, they'll thank you later. And he was like: noo, I have to see all superhero movies a couple of times each first. :)

So, yeah, he who gives the money decides what the kids will or will not want to see, lol. Tough luck for them.

I’m glad you’re excited for this but I mean if my kids, my wife and I aren’t interested in this why would I go see it, or make them go?

I hope you and whoever else is excited for this has a great time seeing it in theatres. Maybe I’ll catch this when it comes out on demand here. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

LOL, as if anything else is good amongst the big movies. Fucking superheroes drowning everything. Aladdin at least is original and bold in its setting. Show your respect to that!

PS: I'd much rather have a well made Bollywood movie (and Aladdin is SO much more than that!) than the same superhero circlej*rk, again, and again, and again.

4 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I’m glad you’re excited for this but I mean if my kids, my wife and I aren’t interested in this why would I go see it, or make them go?

I hope you and whoever else is excited for this has a great time seeing it in theatres. Maybe I’ll catch this when it comes out on demand here.

I am VERY excited, yes. And I don't watch movies at home, only in cinemas. I just saw Alita SEVEN times.

And I will tell you why I am so excited: because last year, the abysmal 2018, had only like FIVE good big movies. And the big stink is that only Solo was a normal movie, the rest of the Top5 were all... superheroes. 😕 This has to stop, now.

And 2019 is giving us the perfect chance: dozens of great big movies, and only a small fraction of them are superheroes. We've already had the Alita masterpiece, the next big one is Aladdin, and there will be more.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Off the top of my head, there’s Raiders of the Lost ArkTransformers: Revenge of the Fallen and the Mummy movies. 

That pushing recent with Raiders.

There is a bunch, but usually with westerner hero

Jarhead

Three kings

Sahara

God of Egypt 

Syriana

The Kingdom

Kingdom of Heaven

Aladin feel quite different.

8 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

I am VERY excited, yes. And I don't watch movies at home, only in cinemas. I just saw Alita SEVEN times.

And I will tell you why I am so excited: because last year, the abysmal 2018, had only like FIVE good big movies. And the big stink is that only Solo was a normal movie, the rest of the Top5 were all... superheroes. 😕 This has to stop, now.

And 2019 is giving us the perfect chance: dozens of great big movies, and only a small fraction of them are superheroes. We've already had the Alita masterpiece, the next big one is Aladdin, and there will be more.

I agree, this year has a ton of exciting  movies coming out.