grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

36 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I dont know...

This forum is a bit funny as some people who say this is a money grab or looks bad are the same people who go to the cinema each weekend and spend 10-15 bucks on the same generic comedy or action movie...

Exactly!!

Man, I hate those basic bastards!! Born in a rut, they never get out of it.

Each movie that is even a little bit different than the disgusting status quo, should be applauded and supported! And Aladdin is quite different, for the setting alone!

Do I make the Shay Creed clear?

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Movies don't need to have special effects to be considered of value, ya know (or don't). If that were the case following movies would be really boring unless you only hang around one particular type of movie and don't bother to expand your tastes.

You are arguing against ghosts lol

I am saying that saying I find "generic blockbuster annoying" when people go watch the same romantic comedy each weekend at theaters is a tad hypocritical.

Trust me I like to have more original smaller and bigger movies.

You would notice the samller movies that do break out are the ones that offer something different (for example US releasing in a few weeks) which I will 100% check out (likely when it comes on some VOD service as I dont like watching Horror in theaters lol) 

Blockbusters can survive being the same as they rely on brands and such. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

2 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Trailer Views After 24 Hours:

YouTube: 9.3M

Twitter: 9.2M

Facebook: 20.5M

Instagram: 10.9M

Total: 50M

Note: this is just on Disney US / Will Smith official pages.

Youtube is actually 8.3 not 9.3. If you think this is good news for a first full trailer which should easily be overshadowing a teaser and special look that's on you.

You counting WS/Disney views everywhere is also kind of cheap as well. 

Edited by Cappoedameron
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 3

3 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Youtube is actually 8.3 not 9.3. If you think this is good news for a first full trailer which should easily be overshadowing a teaser and special look that's on you.

You counting WS/Disney views everywhere is also kind of cheap as well. 

Will Smith also posted the trailer on his YT channel, so i count both for obvious reasons, the number you post is just for Disney channel.

And it’s a great number, why do you think trailers should do better than teasers? Historically this doesn’t happen that much, if you see IW, IT, Thor Ragnarok, Incredibles 2, Pikachu, Captain Marvel... the teasers made much better numbers than the full trailers, then why Aladdin need to? Teaser pull big numbers, and also the official trailer despite being lower than the teaser.

Also counting views from everywhere is far from cheap considering this is exactly what studios do to have their numbers, how do you think EG made almost 300 million views on 24 hours? LOL. I could count even for channels outside Disney US / Will Smith pages and will still be valid. It seems like you’re trying to dismiss Aladdin numbers since yesterday without reason, the numbers are undeniable solid. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

2 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Trailer Views After 24 Hours:

YouTube: 9.3M

Twitter: 9.2M

Facebook: 20.5M

Instagram: 10.9M

Total: 50M

Note: this is just on Disney US / Will Smith official pages.

Whenever an MCU film opens, people here immediately add up numbers in all social platforms to show how great the views are.

Have you noticed that for this film, the people who have been saying "Flop!" from day one are only using YT views to justify their screams of "flop!"?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Whenever an MCU film opens, people here immediately add up numbers in all social platforms to show how great the views are.

Have you noticed that for this film, the people who have been saying "Flop!" from day one are only using YT views to justify their screams of "flop!"?

Exactly, even studios count numbers from every social media platform to have 24 hours numbers. EG have MUCH lower views than IW on YouTube and still is the most viewed trailer on first day, and nobody complain about that or call it cheap.

Aladdin have solid numbers or better in every single platform and this time with great reception, ignore this and use just YT numbers (which are good) to fit in the “people aren’t interested” argument is just dumb.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jedijake said:

The reactions to the latest trailer have proven that this is NOT going to flop. I'd say $300 million domestic is pretty certain. It has gotten glowing reactions.

I am still thinking $260M-$300M, the trailer was better and definitely more appealing to the GA and had more buzz but I still feel it’ll get lost in the Disney marketing shuffle, and family competition in the summer especially May-June is hefty, not to mention Richie’s track record.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

Exactly, even studios count numbers from every social media platform to have 24 hours numbers. EG have MUCH lower views than IW on YouTube and still is the most viewed trailer on first day, and nobody complain about that or call it cheap.

Aladdin have solid numbers or better in every single platform and this time with great reception, ignore this and use just YT numbers (which are good) to fit in the “people aren’t interested” argument is just dumb.

EG actually has more views on YT, just less on the main channel (probably b/c they never named it Endgame)

But agree,  views across platforms matter

• Thanks 2

On 2/11/2019 at 8:46 PM, AN9815 said:

I think that a full trailer showing some musical performances, Aladdin and Jasmine speaking/singing, some action and a modified and better Genie will bring people back on board

Looks like Disney made my wish come true. They should have released just the first teaser and the trailer with Captain Marvel 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I am still thinking $260M-$300M, the trailer was better and definitely more appealing to the GA and had more buzz but I still feel it’ll get lost in the Disney marketing shuffle, and family competition in the summer especially May-June is hefty, not to mention Richie’s track record.

Does a director's track record really matter to GA audiences? Unless your name is Spielberg, Cameron, or Scorcese, I have a hard time thinking that a director who is not a household name will sway audiences either way due to his or her track record. Condon has a track record that is spotty at best, and audiences paid over a billion dollars to watch BATB.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Does a director's track record really matter to GA audiences? Unless your name is Spielberg, Cameron, or Scorcese, I have a hard time thinking that a director who is not a household name will sway audiences either way due to his or her track record. Condon has a track record that is spotty at best, and audiences paid over a billion dollars to watch BATB.

Because Condon copy pasted a BATB script. Yes, the audience probably doesn’t know who Guy Ritchie but he has a style that tends to be divisive amongst critics, outside of Holmes.

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Because Condon copy pasted a BATB script. Yes, the audience probably doesn’t know who Guy Ritchie but he has a style that tends to be divisive amongst critics, outside of Holmes.

BatB live action remake wasn't exactly a critical darling either.

• Like 2

More people probably know Guy Ritchie's name for being formerly married to Madonna than for any of his individual film credits tbh. He didn't get into the big budget game until those RDJ Sherlock Holmes movies.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

More people probably know Guy Ritchie's name for being formerly married to Madonna than for any of his individual film credits tbh. He didn't get into the big budget game until those RDJ Sherlock Holmes movies.

Jujitsu black belt!

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

38 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Does a director's track record really matter to GA audiences? Unless your name is Spielberg, Cameron, or Scorcese, I have a hard time thinking that a director who is not a household name will sway audiences either way due to his or her track record.

You're right. General audiences mostly just care about the stars. 

44 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Add Micheal Bay in there has a really big one to sway people one way or the other on a project.

Many have a big enough fanbase to have a giant impact relative to the size of those movies, Woody Allen, Tyler Perry, Tarantino, Wes Anderson, Nancy Meyers and those have build a brand, those movie are extremely a certain style, Scorcese have a much harder time is movie are so different from one to the other (if you like Wolf of Wall Street that has almost no correlation to say that you will like Silence) and is less than a brand.

Once you go with a much bigger movie the 20-80m that bring those type of fanbase can become more lost, specially versus a monster like a Disney branded franchise.