grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

I have a feeling that a lot of these live action Disney adaptations will go the way of all those live action Looney Tunes adaptations that Warner Bros. was planning after Yogi Bear came out - a ton of them were announced, but almost all of them went by the wayside.

Then again, Disney is much bigger on brands than WB.

I have a feeling that a lot of these live action Disney adaptations will go the way of all those live action Looney Tunes adaptations that Warner Bros. was planning after Yogi Bear came out - a ton of them were announced, but almost all of them went by the wayside.

Then again, Disney is much bigger on brands than WB.

I thought Yogi Bear was a hit and a sequel was being planned? Then again, I heard that about four years ago.

I thought Yogi Bear was a hit and a sequel was being planned? Then again, I heard that about four years ago.

Dont know if it was a hit or not, but sequel talk is just another form of marketing, really. Especially if its done before a movie hits or very early in its run.

• Like 1

So here is a list of the non-package WDAS films that haven't had live action reboots this century. The list excludes films in development and films by other studios with the same story.

Pinocchio

Bambi

Lady and the Tramp

The Sword in the Stone

The Aristocats

Robin Hood

The Rescuers

The Fox & The Hound

The Black Cauldron

The Great Mouse Detective

Oliver & Company

The Lion King

Pocahontas

The Hunchback of Notre Dame

Everything from the 2000s

That's half of Disney's library left. Only four of these films were made before 1970.

• Like 1

I was hoping a Chronicles of Prydain live-action adaptation would come out of the success of LOTR/Narnia, but then the high-fantasy bust of the late 00s happened, and then Prince of Persia/John Carter failed, and Disney came into much more lucrative franchises, so I don't entertain any notion that we're going to get a Black Cauldron do-over.

Shouldn't Pinocchio be left off the list too? A non-Disney version is in development, just like with The Little Mermaid.

Edited by TServo2049

Harry Styles (Aladdin) and Joey King (Jasmine)...with lots and lots and lots of brown face paint.

As usual, Hollywood will say, "why does everything have to be about race? We just look for the best actors possible!!!"

Oh, and the Genie will be either Melissa McCarthy or Amy Schumer.

Edited by cochofles

Harry Styles (Aladdin) and Joey King (Jasmine)...with lots and lots and lots of brown face paint.

As usual, Hollywood will say, "why does everything have to be about race? We just look for the best actors possible!!!"

Oh, and the Genie will be either Melissa McCarthy or Amy Schumer.

Only if Feig or Apatow get the gig. Otherwise it would be same old Jack Black or Zach Galifiniakis.