grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

2 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

By the way I approve the casting, it's fine. Why the backlash? They don't look white....And Naomi is really a beautiful Jasmine, love that choice :)

People will always complain no matter what. They have forgotten the Prince of Persia casting and now are acting all spoilt.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

Why the hatred of Guy Ritchie?

I don't actually dislike him for this movie. at least not for the action parts, the rest i'm not keen on. I'm just waiting on sequels to some of his original stuff & wonder why he can't do those instead.

Edited by Morieris
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tribefan695 said:

Ritchie's action scenes make me want to throw up.

Not even just his action, the opening sequence of Rocknrolla gives me motion sickness every time I watch it. They're standing and pointing at buildings, we don't need the hectic transitions every ten seconds.

You can like the casting, and still be disappointed that they only got a woman that was mixed, rather than full, indian/arabian.

No one gave a shit that the kid in Jungle Book remake was mixed and not full Indian.

Can we will stop with the fake outrage?

• Like 4

http://www.tracking-board.com/game-of-thrones-scribe-vanessa-taylor-to-rewrite-guy-ritchies-aladdin-for-disney-exclusive/

Taylor started out in television, writing for such shows as Alias, Everwood and Jack & Bobby before working on HBO’s Tell Me You Love Me, and later, Game of Thrones. Her first produced feature, Hope Springs, was released in 2012 starring Oscar winners Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones, and she has since gone on to write the Divergentmovie and Guillermo del Toro’s upcoming film The Shape of Water.

• Like 2

Naomi Smith is very beautiful, but, unfrotunately, she was charisma-free bore in Power Rangers. She and the guy who played the male lead. I hope it's just that movie and dull role that dragged her down and that she'll shine in Aladdin. Fans weren't sold on Gal Gadot after F&F movies and she is a magnificent WW. So one movie is not something to go with when judging leading man/lady potential.

But anyway, it was a given that she would get the part cause she was also in the running for Han Solo movie. Has a really good agent. 

• Like 3