grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

4 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Good. I'm excited for this. Why do people think it's gonna fail? Because of the release date? guy ritchie is a tricky choice, but he's a better director than many chosen for these live action remakes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So....it's spreading like wildfire that this project has to have a LOT of reshoots because Disney was not impressed. Many internet tabloids are even yelling that this project is facing major trouble.

So what's the real story? If this is just a rumor started by haters, it's catching on and now being accepted as truth across the net.

Guy Ritchie movies have tended to have substantive re-shoots - some so extensive he re-shoots almost an entire movie (see Arthur) or others that balloon the budget to the point where they could have afforded Tom Cruise and done a $100m pic in the first place (see Man From Uncle) or his more the run of the mill ordered by the studio 5 weeks of re-shoots (see Sherlock).

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Titan Man said:

I don't understand why Disney wanted him in the first place. His previous work is really not that great and he's had a few flops just before this movie. Giving him one of the company's most famous properties is questionable, at best.

I never understood it either.  WB at least had the financial successes of the Sherlock movies as an excuses to keep opening the checkbook.

41 minutes ago, Titan Man said:

I don't understand why Disney wanted him in the first place. His previous work is really not that great and he's had a few flops just before this movie. Giving him one of the company's most famous properties is questionable, at best.

Maybe they liked what he pitched to them?

On 8/29/2018 at 5:49 PM, The Futurist said:

This is lame cinephile hot take 101 at its finest.

Only because you dont agree with an opinion doesnt make it a hot take. And about the "cinephile" bit: Now I dont know how you view movies, but you dont get to dismiss something as a hot take either only because someone might care more about movies as quality art and as such will have a more nuanced opinion on the topic than you. Infact, what you posted there is a great example of a lame comment dismissing an opinion simply because you dont understand it. Cut it out, it adds nothing worthwhile to any discussion.

Edited by Crainy
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jedijake said:

Wouldn't it pay for Disney to look into how many re-shoots their hired directors have had in the past?

Disney's Studio Chairman Alan Horn was the President of WB when he did Sherlock so he knows first hand and the rest is common knowledge.  I'd assume they hired him b/c they liked his pitch and maybe they thought they could successfully control/guide him.

• Like 1