grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

57 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Tell that to the shit loads of $$$$$ Disney has made through Aladdin/Jasmine/A Whole New World centric merchandise, meet and greets etc. through the decades. 

they made gorillions off Aurora, Snow White, Cinderella, etc and that still doesn't mean those leads aren't bland. They are. 

but anyway, movie's gonna be big. 

Edited by Valonqar

On 10/23/2018 at 10:17 AM, TheBigYawn said:

The treasure room looks pretty ugly in the new movie with these blue light sources against the shiny yellow gold. Why go for blue colours there? Where is that light coming from? The moon?  It looks considerably more impressive and inviting in the original. 

Yeah, that's why I was surprised to hear people saying the visuals looked good in the teaser. They look way way  too Ritchie-fied, and I've never been a fan of his gloomy hues. Even in movies like Sherlock where it fits a little better, it's still a bit off putting. Big reason I've always thought he's a terribly mismatched fit for this.

• Like 2

On 11/3/2018 at 7:23 PM, meriodejaneiro said:

Well, original score for Aladdin is kind of difficult to improve. Its a masterpiece imo (as TLK was, and some other movies in that golden Disney era, with Alan Menken  on the lead). So I don't expect new songs to get steal the show to what the original movie has to offer. I think I even wouldn't like if they tried to make better songs than A Whole New World or the Genie show, or Arabian Nights. 

I actually think Aladdin's soundtrack is rather weak as far as Renaissance films go excluding A Whole New World. Friend Like Me is cute, but it largely works off of the accompanying scene and William's charm. The rest...meh. I'd probably put stuff like Arabian Nights and Prince Ali in the bottom 10 of all Renaissance songs. So I do think there was room here for some great new music, but doesn't sound like that's the case.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

Perhaps Aladdin will have to stretch beyond its music to find the charm among audiences, the way BatB did. BatB live action wasn't a success because of the music. It was a success because Disney fans of the animated classics wanted to see how BatB would like in real life. Same will hold true for Aladdin. In that regards, the movie could be a success on its own virtue IF done well.

8 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Many people feel like, with the crowded summer of 2019, this one will be the one that takes the biggest hit.

I think it may keep it from hitting $400 million but should easily go into the $300 millions with a $120-$130 million OW.

Agree? Disagree?

400M is my prediction

17 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Many people feel like, with the crowded summer of 2019, this one will be the one that takes the biggest hit.

I think it may keep it from hitting $400 million but should easily go into the $300 millions with a $120-$130 million OW.

Agree? Disagree?

Yeah, pretty much.

Currently I see it opening with $115M ($145M for the long weekend), finishing with about $330M domestically, and around $800M worldwide. 

Edited by TomeRide

Wait so Will Smith isn't going with the blue look? That's....awkward (unless that's at the end when he becomes real).

Okay nevermind. I just read the article and saw that the blue form isn't quite done yet. So this is just preliminary. Good to know.

Edited by jedijake