grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

BTW, not that anything can be done now but how would have Ben Kingsley played the genie.

or may be they had CGI'ed genie with literally anyone voicing it than a humanified genie.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The Panda said:

Pre-Genie Pics: 200m is the absolute floor for this

Post-Genie Picks: This shit isn’t even making 100m

The movie was always going to live and die based on the genie. To see that it is basically just Will Smith painted blue is disappointing. Maybe mocap or something might have worked better?

23 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Disney gets creative for once and yet people complain.

Disney gets conservative and yet people complain.

Disney moves a finger, people complain.

Disney, complain.

We all remember all the complains about Zootopia and Moana.... (never ending complain)

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The movie was always going to live and die based on the genie. To see that it is basically just Will Smith painted blue is disappointing. Maybe mocap or something might have worked better?

Now I get why they’ve been hiding him.

Honestly, their best bet for marketing would be to not show Genie at all.  You gotta hide the trash.

But yes, an Aladdin movie that gets Genie wrong is bound to flop hard.

• Knock It Off 1

12 minutes ago, The Panda said:

Pre-Genie Pics: 200m is the absolute floor for this

Post-Genie Picks: This shit isn’t even making 100m

Nah I think people knew something was off already when the director and cast were announced. 

That sneak peak is atrocious. 

That’s some King Arthur-level artificialness in general. Looks like a Guy Ritchie joint, alright.

And I know it’s just one line but that’s some weak-ass delivery from Jafar. Makes me worried for Aladdin and Jasmine considering neither’s had a line yet.

The spot already have 6.6 million views on US Disney platforms, in just 6 hours.

YouTube: 1.3M

Facebook: 2.9M

Twitter: 2.4M

The interest exists, but sadly almost half of the comments are disappointed. Let’s see if Disney can fix this without lose people interest.

I still think this will do $ 200M DOM, but now i can see Dumbo doing better... what a twist.

The audacity of what Disney has done here is definitely hard to handle.

They probably should have revealed the design six months ago so the audience had more time to accept their new, post-WillSmithGenie reality. Thrusting it upon them like this, with only a couple of months before release seems... cruel.