MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

grim22

Aladdin live action movie | May 24 2019 | Disney | Guy Ritchie probably confirmed as director at this point

Liking the look of the sets and that..... but everyone looks a miscast. Will Smith's Genie is truly awful.

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

The spot already have 6.6 million views on US Disney platforms, in just 6 hours.

YouTube: 1.3M

Facebook: 2.9M

Twitter: 2.4M

The interest exists, but sadly almost half of the comments are disappointed. Let’s see if Disney can fix this without lose people interest.

I still think this will do $ 200M DOM, but now i can see Dumbo doing better... what a twist.

Can they make Genie CGI in this short time? If yes, don't lose time and do it ASAP, else its going Looking through the Glass way.

• Like 1

It feels like they took a Family Guy cutaway ("this is worse than the time Will Smith granted me three wishes!") and made a movie out of it. 

Still, a lot of people on my Twitter are talking about it so... job done?

3 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Can they make Genie CGI in this short time? If yes, don't lose time and do it ASAP, else its going Looking through the Glass way.

Yes, the CGI itself isn’t that bad, it’s just not finished. The Genie visual have a concept problem, that’s the major problem here, i think they need to change some details like proportions first and then finish the CGI.

It’s a similar case to Alita, they change some details and work better on CGI and now it looks good. I think Disney have time to upgrade the Genie, let’s see if they care enough to do it.

4 hours ago, Rorschach said:

I’m sorry but when the genie popped up in the teaser, I laughed my ass. 

The genie can get in my ass.

• Like 2
  • Not Cool 1

Aladdin looks bad. Jasmine looks bad. Genie looks terrible. A mess. Hoepfully this doesn’t tarnsih the legacy of the animated classic. Disney conitnues to bomb on their Memorial Weekend releases.

• Like 1

I don't recall ever watching the animated film as a kid, the only recollection of Aladdin is the panto - Will Smith Genie fits right in.

:sparta:

just need Aladdin to be played by a woman and this movie will be fixed.

And.... 17k dislikes out of total 36k likes/dislikes on main Channel. that's 47% of the total. Since last time I checeked, it added 9k dislikes and 6k likes. imageproxy.png 

• Like 2

Can Disney dub over the voice of Jafar to a more grown up voice .....

Also, did they just re-use the character model for the cgi Tiger from live action Jungle book?:sadno:

one of these stills is from Aladdin trailer, the other is from warcraft trailer...🤔

6b69ada36aec635c42a8a694a2e52921.png

520210d8e4e3c169c21a6a255b785213.png

Edited by Avatree

Giant Smurf Will Smith has me dying of laughter. I'm here for a potential big mess tbh.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, excel1 said:

What the fuck is wrong with people. If the film is good, it will make plenty of money. Looks like tremendous fun.

If we are worried about troubled FX, I am far more concerned about LION KING.

They literally looked like they used actual footage of a lion for the final few seconds of the Lion King trailer. It's VFX are going to be fine

• Like 1

Do you guys blame people for disliking the teaser? It’s terrifying. Disney just took a classic and made it into the stuff of nightmares. Of course people are going to dislike the video. 

• Like 4

Who would think that Will Smith playing a pigeon wouldn't be the most WTF moment of his 2019.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What people expected the genie to look like? A Blue Will Smith

What the genie actually looks like? A Blue Will Smith

Questionable CG aside, he's basically exactly how I expected he would turn out.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Lots of overreacting drama queens I see.

I'm a huge Disney fan.   I've gone very easy on their remakes and have enjoyed most of them.   

This looks fucking awful.

• Sad 1

You never know sometimes BOT's reaction is different to the general reaction. Definitely not the case judging by the amount of dislikes on the trailer.....

CGI Will is giving me early 2000s CGI The Rock in The Mummy Returns flashbacks.