grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

7 hours ago, aabattery said:

The audacity of what Disney has done here is definitely hard to handle.

They probably should have revealed the design six months ago so the audience had more time to accept their new, post-WillSmithGenie reality. Thrusting it upon them like this, with only a couple of months before release seems... cruel. 

Imagine what the reaction will be when we see Sonic in full :sparta:

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

Aladdin, Jafar, and Jasmine all looked like they were either zombies or were sleep walking. And Jafar seemed rather, um, wimpy to say the least.

And to the poster who said that grandmothers will bring their grandkids, you DO realize this came out in 1992 and not 1972, right?

• Like 4

Damn that looks bad. Never reveal bad CGI Green Lantern level...ever!  Jafar is just so wrong. Naomi is gorgeous but cant say anything about Aladdin right now.

I was excited when the teaser came out. Now i am hoping they fix this shit before the release.

Edited by Omario

26 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Aladdin, Jafar, and Jasmine all looked like they were either zombies or were sleep walking. And Jafar seemed rather, um, wimpy to say the least.

And to the poster who said that grandmothers will bring their grandkids, you DO realize this came out in 1992 and not 1972, right?

My grandparents took me to see the real Aladdin movie in 1992. They both passed away in the last 20 years. I probably won't see the new one at the theater, although maybe I should go for the unintentional laughs from bad casting and bad VFX. 

• Like 2

The scope of the world looks relatively impressive, but anything involving the characters (particularly, Genie) appears to be an afterthought. The marketing of this film so far makes it appear to be a big gaudy mess. My main issue is that Aladdin lacks the affable charisma of the original. The trailer makes him look too stoic and less dimensional than his cartoon counterpart.

Edited by ThePhasmid
  • Like 1

This is what happens when Disney is hellbent on making these adaptations look just like the cartoon.

Would've been much better if those promo/set photos of Smith in outfits were what we were getting. Genie doesn't need to be big and blue and goofy looking. 

Once Mulan, The Little Mermaid and Lilo and Stitch are done, Disney will likely have nothing else to further remake for big money (their best bets in my opinion are 101 Dalmatians, The Rescuers or Bambi) as they’ve used up their pool. Though I wonder what they’ll do in live action as again they have relied on those.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I have mixed feelings about this. I love the original Aladdin and I always thought that it's live action could have a shot at +1.0b WW but unfortunately they got many things wrong here. First thing Will Smith's Genie, it's like the effects are half way done (and i hope they are) and that the body and the face don't match, it's like the snapchat filter that you flip your face with somebody else. Second big problem is Jafar, I was excited for hot Jafar for several reasons but damn...that voice is bad and the costume is not really that impressive. Final problem is Aladdin, many people criticize Brie Larson as Captain Marvel (I think she looks fantastic) because she doesn't "smile" but Mena Massoud IMO is way worse, also why is he not shirtless? No one had any problem on the animated one so this shouldn't be a problem either. 

Now there are many good things as well, Jasmine looks great, Agrabah looks stunning and the animals and the carpet look good (specially Rajah). The musical numbers seem to be on point as well, except that Prince Ali performance looks way smaller than in the animated one. I think that a full trailer showing some musical performances, Aladdin and Jasmine speaking/singing, some action and a modified and better Genie will bring people back on board, but so far my predictions: $73m OW / $204m DOM / $708m WW

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Once Mulan, The Little Mermaid and Lilo and Stitch are done, Disney will likely have nothing else to further remake for big money (their best bets in my opinion are 101 Dalmatians, The Rescuers or Bambi) as they’ve used up their pool. Though I wonder what they’ll do in live action as again they have relied on those. 

Iger just wanted one giant year to fatten his last bonus before leaving Disney. And now he is trying to save money by sabotaging Ritchie's movie with bad CGI and no Superbowl ad.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Pixar live action remakes will yhen

happen

hell maybe they will take live action movies and turn them into animation. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Pixar live action remakes will yhen

happen

hell maybe they will take live action movies and turn them into animation. 

The differences between Pixar and WDAS is I imagine that Pixar’s aren’t as easy to translate into live action. Both Toy Story, Finding Nemo and likely The Incredibles would be too soon and Brad Bird would be pissed about the latter and wouldn’t boom due to nostalgia. Monsters Inc and Cars would be too creepy, A Bug’s Life, Brave, The Good Dinosaur and Ratatouille would work but I doubt anyone cares. Both Coco and Inside Out as big as they are, are way too soon and fresh in minds. 

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

As soon as they get Fox’s properties, Disney won’t have to look for more animations to turn into live action. They will have a lot of options; Percy Jackson, Planet of the Apes, etc.

Maybe not those properties in particular, but I agree that acquisition of Fox properties is going to be huge for them.

Although I think Disney should get back into the business of CREATING properties rather than remaking them. 

• Like 3