grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

1 minute ago, ban1o said:

also it kinda looks like they asked dev and Riz (the two most obvious choices that everyone fancast) and then when they didn't work out thy were like "whoops we're having problems casting Aladdin" 

If the source wasn't THR, I wouldn't have believed that the two folks being approached were Dev Patel and Riz Ahmed. Lol so ridiculous. Even Life of Pi worked harder to find its star.

In other hilarious Disney news, Tara Sutaria also starred on the Indian version of Jessie. So Disney Channel just "creates" international adaptations of their already cookie cutter, assembly line produced shows? This is kind of surreal for me.

latest?cb=20131207124342

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

If the source wasn't THR, I wouldn't have believed that the two folks being approached were Dev Patel and Riz Ahmed. Lol so ridiculous. Even Life of Pi worked harder to find its star.

In other hilarious Disney news, Tara Sutaria also starred on the Indian version of Jessie. So Disney Channel just "creates" international adaptations of their already cookie cutter, assembly line produced shows? This is kind of surreal for me.

latest?cb=20131207124342

Actually before there were dubbed version of shows on disney. Then they started showing japanese cartoons. There were times when only doraemon played whole day on disney. Now they have started doing this remaking thing.

Disney xd is still good.

• Like 2

I wonder if this entire situation was to spring the leads on us at D23...before this, the only news was the casting call back in April? It was off everyone's radar except people anticipating it. 

They're probably also going to announce Star Wars 2020...lot of "Trouble in Paradise - Oh Wait!" potential here.

On 7/12/2017 at 0:38 AM, Heat Vision said:

Still sticking to my prediction that Guy Ritchie will leave this project.

I SO hope so.

6 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Mena Massoud's Aladdin, Naomi Scott's Jasmine and Will Smith's officially the Genie.

good cast, but it won't do as well as it could have in India. An Indian Aladdin and Jasmine would have ensured 30+M gross. It may gross 15-20M if Will's Genie is the highlight and he comes to promote the movie.

Should break records in the middle east.

Edited by marveldcfox

8 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

good cast, but it won't do as well as it could have in India. An Indian Aladdin and Jasmine would have ensured 30+M gross. It may gross 15-20M if Will's Genie is the highlight and he comes to promote the movie.

Should break records in the middle east.

Jasmine is half Indian.

8 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Jasmine is half Indian.

I know. Tbh even a full Indian wouldn't have helped much at the BO as Indians are too fond of watching male dominated movies. Both genders enjoy such movies. Things are obviously changing, but still long way to go.

Now an Indian or Indian/American or Indian/British Aladdin....that would have been something. 

Edited by marveldcfox

2 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

I know. Tbh even a full Indian wouldn't have helped much at the BO as Indians are too fond of watching male dominated movies. Both genders enjoy such movies. Things are obviously changing, but still long way to go.

Now an Indian Aladdin....that would have been something. 

I think it may still do better than other Disney fairytales. Not as well as Jungle Book obviously, but probably much better than the rest. My friend said the original Aladdin was one of the most popular Disney animations in India. And was there a Bollywood version of the film? 

• Like 1

Just now, Spidey Freak said:

I think it may still do better than other Disney fairytales. Not as well as Jungle Book obviously, but probably much better than the rest. My friend said the original Aladdin was one of the most popular Disney animations in India. And was there a Bollywood version of the film? 

Yeah aladdin is very popular. That's why I feel with an Indian lead this could do A LOT more. It's okay though. It will still be an awesome movie.

Yeah, there have been many aladdin movies/tv shows/animated films made in India. All of them suck balls as they lacked the budget for vfx and had horrible slapsticky acting.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Yeah aladdin is very popular. That's why I feel with an Indian lead this could do A LOT more. It's okay though. It will still be an awesome movie.

Yeah, there have been many aladdin movies/tv shows/animated films made in India. All of them suck balls as they lacked the budget for vfx and had horrible slapsticky acting.

Up until a yesterday, casting was still being decided...don't know whether Indian media can be trusted but here you go...guy would have looked good as aladdin..don't know whether he can act.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/hollywood/aladdin-found-guy-ritchie-s-search-ends-at-bollywood-s-siddharth-gupta/story-UJpmKGmnsNlEyr0c059FPI.html

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Up until a yesterday, casting was still being decided...don't know whether Indian media can be trusted but here you go...guy would have looked good as aladdin..don't know whether he can act.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/hollywood/aladdin-found-guy-ritchie-s-search-ends-at-bollywood-s-siddharth-gupta/story-UJpmKGmnsNlEyr0c059FPI.html

that guy has the look...especially the hair.  the guy they've chosen is eh...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Alli said:

that guy has the look...especially the hair.  the guy they've chosen is eh...

Yeah...I am having a hard time picturing the guy chosen as Aladdin. Like I am not sure he will look good in long hair. Now don't tell me he won't have long hair in this...that would piss me off. I think the movie will be good...disney cannot afford to fail on this one. 

Naomi Scott also needs a big hit to fix her career cuz power rangers tanked even though it was okay and she was good in it. 

Edited by marveldcfox
  • Like 1