grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

10 minutes ago, Alli said:

Jesus...the dislikes on youtube. This is entering Ghostbusters territory

is it just because of smith genie or are there other reasons as well?  the rest looked like standard Disney fare to me whereas Ghostbusters looked straight awful 

Edited by Ozymandias

42 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

is it just because of smith genie or are there other reasons as well?  the rest looked like standard Disney fare to me whereas Ghostbusters looked straight awful 

The main 3 complaints from biggest to lowest (but still worrisome):

1) Will Smith’s Genie

2) Bland and dull Jafar

3) average looking Aladdin 

honorable mentions: Guy Ritchie and his track record, Disney’s 2019 cash grabbing 

5 hours ago, TMP said:

Beauty & The Beast looked like garbage, but the kind of garbage that people go in droves to see (ie; Bohemian Rhapsody)

I'm not gonna defend the movie, but I did think it had good production values such as nice sets, even if overly CGI-polished. 

I don't see any redeemable elements about Aladdin however. Your assessment that it's garbage that no one will bother to see is probably on the nose. 

5 hours ago, TMP said:

Beauty & The Beast looked like garbage, but the kind of garbage that people go in droves to see (ie; Bohemian Rhapsody)

Aladdin looks like garbage, but the kind of garbage that crashes and burns financially (Gods of Egypt, Prince of Persia), hell the only reason this is gonna do slightly better than those . is because of the Disney remake branding and nostalgia.

Look at the movies you've quoted. This only means Americans - or you - are fucking racist, and unbelievably dumb/xenophobic. Your hatred for anything Arab is so strong and deeply rooted, we all saw how it was used to horrible effect 18 years ago.

But Disney is stronger than you, and can overcome even that.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

...did it though? People were complaining about everything from Watson's stilted acting to the sad monstrosities that were the anthropomorphic furniture and Beast's weird face. The only place where I can legitimately say it does better than the Aladdin first trailer is the use of music.

I agree. I did not see anything spectacular about the BATB trailers, and the film did nothing to change my mind. Badly acted, badly sung (especially by Watson) and just bad. This is definitely a bad movie remake that absolutely reaped the full benefits of nostalgia for a spectacularly good original. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, shayhiri said:

Look at the movies you've quoted. This only means Americans - or you - are fucking racist, and unbelievably dumb/xenophobic. Your hatred for anything Arab is so strong and deeply rooted, we all saw how it was used to horrible effect 18 years ago.

I lived in an Arab country for most of my life until College, but sure, I'm a xenophobe. Whatever you s(h)ay. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, shayhiri said:

The irony here is that PoP and GoE went out of their way not to have a single Arab actor in their respective main casts.

(Not that Persia is even arabic anyway)

• Like 3