grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

3 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I’m still thinking Endgame will have IX, Lion King and TS4 as it’s attachments as those are it’s heavy hitters.

New prediction:

Buzz seems to be have reignited thanks a good trailer (again folks marketing is key!) and it doesn’t look half bad. Still think legs will be garbage and Pikachu is still a wildcard but the fact that it now looks good, it can survive. Won’t reach the $400M DOM some want or under $200M DOM either.

I am thinking:

$115M/$145M/$315M/$950M

Aladdin will likely be attached with Dumbo first but some EG prints may carry it too. Agreed about the main 3 for EG. 

Just now, Morieris said:

Glad someone seems to have wrestled the editing software away from Ritchie so far.

I wish it was as bright as the cartoon but I know why it isn't, and I'm glad it looks better than expected.

They do seem to have captured at least some of the vibrancy from the original. I expected it to look much more drab ala King Arthur.

• Knock It Off 1

17 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I’m still thinking Endgame will have IX, Lion King and TS4 as it’s attachments as those are it’s heavy hitters.

New prediction:

Buzz seems to be have reignited thanks a good trailer (again folks marketing is key!) and it doesn’t look half bad. Still think legs will be garbage and Pikachu is still a wildcard but the fact that it now looks good, it can survive. Won’t reach the $400M DOM some want or under $200M DOM either.

I am thinking:

$115M/$145M/$315M/$950M

Does Lion King really need to be attached to EG? That’s prominent enough as is. 

3 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

Does Lion King really need to be attached to EG? That’s prominent enough as is. 

It is probably what Disney do anyways as again they probably care the most about it more than anything but IX and TS4.

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

It is probably what Disney do anyways as again they probably care the most about it more than anything but IX and TS4.

I think they might actually wait with TLK until Aladdin and make IX the big EG attachment.

This went from being the kind of interesting "what were they thinking?" kind of bad to the incredibly boring, Beauty & The Beast 2017 kind of bad.
Also, wow the guy playing Jafar is... not a very good actor going off all we've seen of him.

This is giving me serious Suicide Squad flashbacks.

Seems like Disney went all out trying to cut a really effective trailer but I'm still not sold on the actual film's quality.

I did go to "Not interested at all" to "yeah I'm seeing this", so it worked.

I’m very interested in how Marwan Kenzari will pull off as Jafar. Hope he does surprise in a good way in similarly to how Luke Evans surprised as Gaston in BATB2017 and how Glenn Close surprised as Cruella De Vil in 101 Dalmatians (1996).

Disney seems to know what perfect live action casting to find for the Disney villains.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

2 minutes ago, expensiveho said:

This is giving me serious Suicide Squad flashbacks.

If it ends up being the case, then Smith would be on quite the blockbuster streak between Suicide Squad, Bright and Aladdin all coming back to back.