grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

19 minutes ago, Bordlove said:

Imagine year 2040 when Frozen will be made into a live-action.

Let it go... Let it gooooo ❄

Social media has opened the door to mass saturation...LET IT GO will feel nostalgic by the time 2nd film opens. 

Better than the first trailer by leaps and bounds. Also clearly Guy Ritchie's visual style in the opening chase. Less so when the special effects kick in. I remain skeptical of Ritchie's ability to develop the characters. Jafar still terribly miscast. It seems Will Smith's comedic elements are more forced than Robin William's natural motor-mouth.

"That's still a No from me, dawg."

So many Disney leggers here.  (And good reason to be, I get it.)

But look at this thing objectively as a movie that wants your attention, beyond the nostalgia...and it still looks like a fiasco. 

Reviews will be very mixed and this will be Disney's most underperforming film in some time. 

• Knock It Off 1

One one hand im disappointed. I wanted another total trainwreck of a meme-worthy trailer that i could laugh at.

One the other hand, this actually ... it looks kind of good. I will still probably not see it, but based on this trailer, the film may actually be good and thus also be successfull, as Aladdin is a beloved character and film.

Now im not sure anymore what to predict. I can kind of imagine everything from 180M to 300M DOM honestly. This film is now a very big wildcard for me.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

If this was opening in a Star Wars less December, this would be the biggest film of the year. 

This is the most under predicted film of the year no doubt. 

In hindsight, Disney made an insane mistake withholding A WHOLE NEW WORLD from the initial trailers. Everyone would have STFU and boarded the hype train from day 1 had they included it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, excel1 said:

In hindsight, Disney made an insane mistake withholding A WHOLE NEW WORLD from the initial trailers. Everyone would have STFU and boarded the hype train from day 1 had they included it. 

A Whole New World is worth a couple hundred million DOM on its own, probably.

In less than 3 hours

YouTube: 0.8M

Twitter: 1.7M

Facebook: 4.3M

Instagram: 5.1M

11.9 million views already just on Disney / Will accounts and the reception are great. Anyone who still thinks this is gonna bomb are just delusional, the hype exists and now it’s good. I don’t think it will be huge domestic because of the competition but +200M shouldn’t be hard, also OS will eat this up.

I’m gonna update this after 24 hours, I think this could easily pull 40-50 million views just on Disney / Will Smith accounts across social media.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, excel1 said:

This is fucking hilarious. 

And those clever whimsical Ashman lyrics

Prince Ali - fabulous he - Ali Ababwa

Genuflect, show some respect: Down on one knee.

Now try your best to stay calm,

Brush off your Sunday salaam,

Then come and meet his spectacular coterie!

The story is there, the music is there, the characters are there.  Even if the direction is sloppy, bland or leaden this can probably only get as bad as Beauty & The Beast - unless Ritchie goes above and beyond to make it hideous instead of just mediocre.   I'm foolishly hoping for kind of good though.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

Is Whole New World really that iconic? I mean, I haven't seen Aladdin and this the first time I hear the song. I also haven't seen BatB and TLK, but I'm familiar with their popular songs.

Edited by Goffe

I am excited for this but why does Jasmine look Indian? She wears Indian clothes. Feels weired. The story should have an Arabian look to it. Felt like I’m watching an Indian  Aladin .... 

Jafar is miscast . His voice and face lacks the malice of the one in the movie. It makes me wonder what they were thinking when casting him. At least his clothes look good.

Edited by Emerald kikyou

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

I actually like what we've seen of Mena Massoud and Naomi Scott so far. Didn't see that Power Rangers reboot but hopefully this and Charlie's Angels turn out well for her.

Maybe she can afford to have Aladdin not work out well for her so she can look forward to Charlie's Angels.

10 minutes ago, excel1 said:

This will DESTROY the Memorial Day record if it is any good. Obliterate. 

Jurassic World style breakout incoming

You said the same thing about Aquaman.

14 minutes ago, Goffe said:

Is Whole New World really that iconic? I mean, I haven't seen Aladdin and this the first time I hear the song. I also haven't seen BatB and TLK, but I'm familiar with their popular songs.

lol it's the only Disney song to go #1 on the billboard hot 100. There was a time when it was the most popular audition song on American Idol. It is definitely iconic 

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 2