Trainwreck (2015)

21 members have voted

1. 1. Grade It

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Saw it last night and I really enjoyed it. It was hilarious and a couple of parts actually made me tear up. Schumer and Hader were both really good and had great chemistry. Lebron was really funny and John Cena was hilarious in his small part.

I would give it an.......

A

Edited by Empire Out

Was a bit long, and parts did feel like it wasn't going anywhere. But man would I be lying if I said this wasn't funny. Especially the 

Daniel Radcliffe

cameo(s). Had quite a bit of heart to. As I also mentioned in another thread, RT had this right on the nose with its consensus in that it is the sharp writing, and great characters that elevate this movie. Oh, and Lebron was hilarious! 

B

Edited by DAJK

I wanted this movie to keep going and going.  I haven't laughed this hard in a movie since I'm not sure when.  There are so many small roles that just blew me away.  Lebron and Cena stole every scene they were in.  Then there was the completely random but nonetheless hilarious intervention scene where Marv Albert narrates Lebron, Mathew Broderick and Chris Evertt's attempt at an intervention on Aaron's life.  So funny.  

This is a movie that isn't politically correct in any way.  It tells jokes like it was an 80's film and that made it refreshing.  We need some good homosexual and racist jokes every once in a while.  And this film isn't afraid to go for a laugh.  Some work, some work well and others are stuff of legend.  There's a scene where Amy's dad is getting his bleeding forehead tended to by a black nurse with a thick accent, he says out loud something like if there are any evil spirits coming out of my head, I'll let you know.  Obviously not funny if you haven't seen the movie but to me, I almost lost it.  I couldn't stop laughing.

I'll be seeing this again very soon.  So well done.

9/10

• Like 1

We need some good homosexual and racist jokes every once in a while.

9/10

:-(

Are we talking about mean-spirited, stereotype-perpetuating homophobic/racist jokes?? Is it Amy who utters them?

Edited by cochofles

Are we talking about mean-spirited, stereotype-perpetuating homophobic/racist jokes?? Is it Amy who utters them?

It isn't her. It's other people, but she calls them out on it.

Yeah, I don't agree with Baumer necessarily, but I'm glad at least, a character calls them out on it.

• Like 2

Far from mean spirited and they fit with the character.  There's nothing wrong with making fun of people, Russell Peters has made a living out of it and if you can laugh at yourself then you are better for it.  I laugh at myself all the time.  

Seeing this tonight. Will report back with my thoughts accordingly... As an aside, apologies to Claire on never officially reviewing Earl and the Dying Girl. It was excellent and I wholly expect you to love it. Delivers the feels and a coming of age yarn and just about hits all the proper notes.

• Like 1

Absolutely hilarious throughout, but it's overlong and stalls a bit in the third act (just like Apatow's previous directorial efforts.) It definitely follows a formula, but the terrific ensemble and sharp dialogue elevate it above the constraints of the genre. 

7.5/10

I thought this was a pretty funny movie and probably The funniest and best Apatow film since Knocked Up. The chemistry between Schumer and Hader worked I liked their two characters as well, John Cena and his thing about the ass and dick and fucking dudes was funny, and Lebron James was pretty funny as well especially his Kanye poetry. Very funny I want to watch this again now and I hope that Amy Schumer does more movies because she is hilarious. Overall I really like this movie grade:a very very very high B+(89).

• Community Manager

Pretty formulaic as all rom-coms tend to be but it's saved by a really sharp and funny script.

It really is the comedy of the summer.

My one complaint is that the ending...was a bit much. It should have been more down-to-earth IMO.

A-