BoxOfficeZ

Wednesday: Minions 11.1, IO 2.6, JW 2.2

Ouch for Minions!! I knew Tuesday drop would be hard, but I was thinking 25-30% for 12-12.5m. 11m is mediocre, to be frank. I hope it recovers a bit to 11.5 or so with actuals.

Thankfully we can now lay to rest those ridiculous 70m 2nd weekend and 450m total predictions now. 400m is the high-end for this I reckon.

• Like 1

The Tuesday rise combined with the Wednesday drop makes me think Minions will play really well on the weekend and Saturday specifically for the kiddie matinees. It seems to be getting the family movie bump on Tuesday. This weekend should give us a better idea. I see Thursday staying flat, so it will go into the weekend with 11M. A 55-60M weekend seems to be in store for it.

• Like 6

I can see Minions doing 16M Friday, 23 Saturday, and 18 on Sunday for a 57M weekend.

After a 5.4% drop on Thur , DM2 jumped 47% on Friday and 29.6% on Sat

Thur: $9,153,130

Fri: $13,450,080

Sat: $17,433,065

Sun: $13,009,750

If Minions follows the same pattern:

Thur:  $10.5m

Fri:  $15.7m

Sat: $19.93m

Sun: $14.9m

= $50.53m

• Like 1

Solid 1.55 million on a Wednesday for Terminator Genisys. It's now at 74 million and it should be at 82 million plus by Sunday. With it having a chance to cross 90 million by the end of it's 4th weekend. If it's at around 96-97 million after it's 6th weekend. I wonder how long Paramount will try to keep it in theaters to push it to 100 million. I saw with Terminator Salvation it was basically done at 122 million after it's 6th weekend at the very end of June. But Warner kept it on 150-300 screens until September and it ended up making another 3 million so it could make it to 125 million. They kind of did the same thing with T3 as well I noticed. It was at 147 million after it's 7th weekend and kept it on like 180-300 screens for another 7 weeks to push it to 150 million.

Edited by gb0708

Solid 1.55 million on a Wednesday for Terminator Genisys. It's now at 74 million and it should be at 82 million plus by Sunday. With it having a chance to cross 90 million by the end of it's 4th weekend. If it's at around 96-97 million after it's 6th weekend. I wonder how long Paramount will try to keep it in theaters to push it to 100 million. I saw with Terminator Salvation it was basically done at 122 million after it's 6th weekend at the very end of June. But Warner kept it on 150-300 screens until September and it ended up making another 3 million so it could make it to 125 million. They kind of did the same thing with T3 as well I noticed. It was at 147 million after it's 7th weekend and kept it on like 180-300 screens for another 7 weeks to push it to 150 million.

If it gets that close to 100M then WB will push it over 100M threshold, no question about it. They make substantial more TV money, if it hits 100M milestone. 

If it gets that close to 100M then WB will push it over 100M threshold no question about it. They make substantial more TV money, if it hits 100M milestone. 

Yeah I just saw Edge of Tomorrow was at 96.6 million after it's 7th weekend last summer. Then it was kept on 100-400 screens for another 7-8 weeks to make it to 100 million as well.

Edited by gb0708

After a 5.4% drop on Thur , DM2 jumped 47% on Friday and 29.6% on Sat

Thur: $9,153,130

Fri: $13,450,080

Sat: $17,433,065

Sun: $13,009,750

If Minions follows the same pattern:

Thur:  $10.5m

Fri:  $15.7m

Sat: $19.93m

Sun: $14.9m

= $50.53m

It would be joyful if the 2nd weekend under 50M. ^_^

• Like 2

Yeah I just saw Edge of Tomorrow was at 96.6 million after it's 7th weekend last summer. Then it was kept on 100-400 screens for another 7-8 weeks to make it to 100 million as well.

Unless it's an outright bomb movies regularly play in their 4th and 5th months because they get those 2nd run theater expansions.   

T5 though is going to start to drop a lot of screen coming this weekend and next

If Terminator gets a sub-45% drop this weekend then Para will get it to 100. It's not getting sub-45%. It's shedding at least a thousand theaters this weekend and facing a 60m+ action opener.

Even if Terminator Genisys has a 50 percent drop it will still be around a 6.8 million weekend and that will put the movie at over 82 million after it's third weekend. Being at 96 million after it's 6th or 7th weekend is possible still. So is Paramount keeping it in theaters for 15-16 weekend to cross 100 million. That said I think Terminator Genisys will have a slightly below 50 percent drop this weekend and do 7 million. Like I said a few days ago, I don't see Ant-Man as something that cause Terminator Genisys to fall off the map. Since if Terminator Genisys had that Marvel teen audience in the first place. It would have already grossed over 100 million. The movie clearly never got that audience, so I don't see how it could be losing that audience for Ant-Man now.

Edited by gb0708

TG will drop at least 55%. Ant-man is direct competition for it. it will shed screens big time as 2 week run is done.

Ehh weren't you the one saying 50 plus drop last weekend too? And couldn't increase from a 2.4 million Thursday to 4 million on Friday? Terminator Genisys will still likely be in over 2,500 screens that's plenty and is much more competition for Jurassic World than Terminator Genisys. If you haven't noticed already Terminator Genisys isn't getting much of a teen or early 20 something crowds, that will go see something like Ant-Man. I'm not so sure Ant-Man is going to sell very well with the 25 and up male crowd. I think Pixels might be more competition with that crowd do to all the 80s video game characters in it.

Edited by gb0708