BoxOfficeZ

Wednesday: Minions 11.1, IO 2.6, JW 2.2

fixed :rofl:

Okay, real talk:

I'm not defending BKB's blind attitude, but people give AOU's run too much hate. Sure it's legs were/are pretty choppy, but it's OW was still the second-highest at the time (now third-highest), it hit $450M, something TDKR couldn't do, and it's OS gross is actually higher than TA's.  It is in the Top 8 Domestically and Top 6 Worldwide. I understand that it didn't reach our expectations of a $230M+ OW and a higher domestic gross than TA1, but AOU was/is still very successful. Infinity Wars Part 1 will probably have a similar run, and then when Part 2 comes out we will experience another TA1/JW style run.

But yes: JW's run is more impressive than AOU. No denying that.

Oh please with the spin already.

You said they would both be at around 2,500. You were off on both, but with JW it was off by 600 screens!

Plus your posts repeatedly said that JW will be on par with TG in the number of screens they'll keep ("Jurassic World has as much or less show times than Terminator Genisys" is a direct quote from you). So now you spin your obvious and clear mistake as if that's what you meant all along. You never admit you were wrong, even when the quotes are right there as proof.

BTW, you do realize that right now your positive spin on TG is that it might actually possibly hit 100m and has "only" lost 969 screens on the first weekend where it could lose any? That's some impressive spin right there.

You really need to get a life lol. I was basing it off screens for the weekend from 10 nearby theaters. It was a guess based off that. Relax already, don't take everything so serious lol. Either way I'm happy with Terminator Genisys having 2,814 screens still. I was expecting it to be losing more. Edited by gb0708

JW still way above 3000 locations, good! No reason to bump it down any more, it's still doing well.

No it's not. It's obviously crumbling. And "slowing down considerably."

They should cancel the Blu-Ray release, to be honest.

• Like 4

No it's not. It's obviously crumbling. And "slowing down considerably."

They should cancel the Blu-Ray release, to be honest.

Cancel the blu-ray, the sequel, and halt production on all merchandise...we have a bomb on our hands and we must mitigate the financial losses.

• Like 1

JW still way above 3000 locations, good! No reason to bump it down any more, it's still doing well.

I'm really happy with that number. Next up: reaching 600m tomorrow, then 900m OS and #3 worldwide. 

This is by far the most satisfying movie I remember following, as it just keeps knocking down those milestones.

Edited by JennaJ
  • Like 2

Sold out Ant Man right about to start. When I was picking up my tickets., I was behind a dude purchasing tixs for a 1 PM Ant Man showing tomorrow which was also nearly sold out.

I'm beginning to think this movie will deliver a solid 70 to 75 mil opening.

Minions, of course, was selling extremely well in addition. Only 10 screens here, so no IO anymore for any sort of comparison, apparently they showed their last matinee of it this afternoon.

• Like 1

I doubt they will be able to tell us anything other then it will be a photo finish...

Nah, I think it's pretty unlikely to make it today.

I don't really see the big deal, it's one extra day. Not like it's a substantial thing to determine whether it gets some record or not - it'll have the record either way, by a very comfortable margin.

• Like 1

Nah, I think it's pretty unlikely to make it today.

I don't really see the big deal, it's one extra day. Not like it's a substantial thing to determine whether it gets some record or not - it'll have the record either way, by a very comfortable margin.

Will beat Avatar's record by 11 days.

A record by Avatar being beat... when was the last time that happened?