WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: Ant-Man 58.04 | Minions 50.24 | Trainwreck 30.24 | IO 11.66 | JW 11.36 (Page 88)

MinaTakla, you apparently don't realize that we here at BOF loathe juvenile humor in animated films with every fiber of our being, and pray to the cinema gods every night to smite every animated film that is not mature and nuanced. :)

Or at least that's the impression I get from people wanting Minions to fail, previously wanting Home to fail and DreamWorks to go out of business, and so on. I didn't really enjoy Minions that much either, but I am not going to throw a fit when the GA enjoy a movie more than I did (especially when they have shown they also equally enjoyed Inside Out, which I did enjoy).

I saw IO at Cannes this year and I saw Minions today and I LOVED both of them. For completely different reasons.

Nice! Global wasn't bad either. Glad you liked it CJohn!

What markets does it have left to open?

Most of Europe as well as China,Japan,South Korea and India.

Edited by PierreHP
  • Like 1

Austria 22 July 2015  
Denmark 22 July 2015  
Finland 22 July 2015  
Norway 22 July 2015  
Sweden 22 July 2015  
Germany 23 July 2015  
Hungary 23 July 2015  
Cambodia 23 July 2015  
Netherlands 23 July 2015  
Spain 24 July 2015  
India 24 July 2015  
Vietnam 24 July 2015  
United Arab Emirates 30 July 2015  
Iraq 30 July 2015  
Lebanon 30 July 2015  
Thailand 30 July 2015  
Latvia 31 July 2015  
South Africa 31 July 2015  
Mongolia 7 August 2015  
Italy 12 August 2015  
South Korea 20 August 2015  
Austria 27 August 2015  
Greece 17 September 2015  
Japan 19 September 2015
  • Like 1

I was really expecting more from  Antman. I'm kind of disappointed 

We should better wait to see how big it was in each country rather than just an OS total.

Edited by PierreHP

China    For now, we get nothing about the date. Maybe October,just the same as the GOTG :angry:

Minions opened on the heels of a $300M+ grossing kids movie and a week prior to a kid-friendly Marvel movie. Its #s are understandable. Not that I'm defending garbage like Minions, but these things should be taken into account. 

I think Antman hurt Minions a lot, esp Fri. And I think Pixels will hurt it less. But would still affect it. 

Still 300+ for a spinoff? Amazing numbers and at the moment, it's outpacing shrek 3 (record holder OW) and DM2.

Will end up maybe 340+, 7th all time DOM in the animation category, 6th all time first run animated DOM.

Well I suppose if Edward Norton had committed suicide of a drug overdose like Ledger did, it might've been possible.. Guess will never know now will we??

you do realize that's TDK's ow was about 35m more than IH's lifetime gross, don't you?

• Like 4

I read some reviews on the JP ride and that it's not that good, at least for the time wait and $$$$ you spend on it...

It's not. There's just one kind of big drop at the end and you get wet. That's it. The Transformers and Mummy rides are better. I even prefer the Simpsons ride.