WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: Ant-Man 58.04 | Minions 50.24 | Trainwreck 30.24 | IO 11.66 | JW 11.36 (Page 88)

Ted 2 has made just $143 million worldwide so far. I haven't been paying attention to its International rollout so it is possible that it may not have opened in some big markets but there is a possibility that it may miss $200 million. This will be a massive drop for a sequel to a well-received comedy that made $550 million Worldwide.

A movie called Suicide Squad, as in suicide, as in killing yourself. People on the internet may think that's a good title, but the GA will think that's a sick and disturbing title and I'll agree with them. It does Watchmen numbers at best.

thats why it was trending on facebook and youtube...incredibly nerdy sites right. Andthe GA doesn't care about titles thats BS

200m is the benchmark for every SH film. Same rules apply for DC as to Marvel. WW, Aquaman will be compared to CA/Thor/AM.

Budget, Budget, Budget, Budget, Budget, Budget, Budget, Budget, Budget, Budget, Budget, Budget, Budget, Budget, Budget, Budget, Budget, Budget, Budget, Budget, Budget, Budget, Budget, Budget.

What was I saying, oh yeah Budget. There is no benchmark for a SH film, each one is judged on its own merits based on how much profit it made. Ant-Man made a sizeable profit therefore it is a success.

Edited by Caesar
  • Like 1

Avengers on FX. TA2 feels like a big step down in the "fun" department. TA1 one of the most fun movies ever.

No question. Hulk was a big letdown for me personally. He easily had the best moments in TA1 to having none of those moments in TA2. 

• Like 1

Will see how DCU will fare. MCU has 12 films, only 4 failed to reach 200. Three 400m grossers and one 600m hit, averaging 110m OW. Impressive. DCU will be off to an even better start next year and MoS is a decent base.

Edited by Alfredstellar

Love how AM is doing lower end for all predictions and the Marvel fans still call it good. It's decent start, not bad, not good. 175m for a SH film is pretty poor based on its genre. Considering the subject material it's still a respectable number for this film but let's not talk about a Marvel success story here.

Yeah, no bias here lmao.

$175 million domestically will never be poor for a film with a $130 million production cost that's gonna make even more overseas. And poor for the genre? Out of 105 tracked superhero films only 38 have topped $175 million domestically after adjusting for inflation.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=superhero.htm&adjust_yr=2015&p=.htm

No question. Hulk was a big letdown for me personally. He easily had the best moments in TA1 to having none of those moments in TA2. 

They decided that Hawkeye should get the big moments in TA2 forgetting 3 important things

1. No one cares about Hawkeye

2. No one cares about Jeremy Renner

3. No one cares about Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye

• Like 2

There's that for sure (Hulk is my fave too), but even the best moments of TA2 seem to be a rehash of stuff from TA1. Like Thor's hammer being impossible for everyone to grab. Watching that scene between him and Hulk in TA1 where Hulk almost digs his way through the hellicarrier trying to pick up the hammer, LMAO. Plus Tony is way funnier and more likeable in TA1. The music cues are better in the first movie too.

• Like 1

thats why it was trending on facebook and youtube...incredibly nerdy sites right. Andthe GA doesn't care about titles thats BS

I'm not of one opinion or the other on the film (as usual, I am trying to avoid everything except for if I happen to see the trailer in the theater), but "Suicide Squad will disappoint because it has 'suicide' in the title" is as dumb as the people who said Sex Tape flopped because it had 'sex' in the title and not because the trailers looked awful and nobody had any interest in seeing it.

Edited by TServo2049

There's that for sure (Hulk is my fave too), but even the best moments of TA2 seem to be a rehash of stuff from TA1. Like Thor's hammer being impossible for everyone to grab. Watching that scene between him and Hulk in TA1 where Hulk almost digs his way through the hellicarrier trying to pick up the hammer, LMAO. Plus Tony is way funnier and more likeable in TA1. The music cues are better in the first movie too.

They made Hawkeye the star, big mistake. Hulk was the powerhouse in the first hence crazy good WOM. Every jaw-dropping moment was his. Showdown with Thor, turning Hulk after saying he can control the big guy because he's always angry, rag-dolling Loki. No moment reached that zeitgeist in TA2.

• Like 2

They made Hawkeye the star, big mistake. Hulk was the powerhouse in the first hence crazy good WOM. Every jaw-dropping moment was his. Showdown with Thor, turning Hulk after saying he can control the big guy because he's always angry, rag-dolling Loki. No moment reached that zeitgeist in TA2.

"That's my secret, Cap. I'm always angry."

Fuck yeah! :D

• Like 1

I liked TA2 more than the first, but can't lie, Banner was a real buzzkill throughout. Felt like a regression from the first where he was generally in control for much of the film, and suddenly he's afraid of his power again.

• Like 1