WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: Ant-Man 58.04 | Minions 50.24 | Trainwreck 30.24 | IO 11.66 | JW 11.36 (Page 88)

All very good points. There's a reason I saw TA1 six times, the last time in August, and I only ended up seeing TA2 twice on OW.

IMO, TA1 is probably going to remain the most perfect blockbuster of the 10's. Unless TFA is somehow even more amazing (it has a good chance, yes, but we will see).

Edited by TServo2049

I liked TA2 more than the first, but can't lie, Banner was a real buzzkill throughout. Felt like a regression from the first where he was generally in control for much of the film, and suddenly he's afraid of his power again.

Saving civilians is serious business.

• Like 4

All very good points. There's a reason I saw TA1 six times, the last time in August, and I only ended up seeing TA2 twice on OW.

TA1 is probably going to remain the most perfect blockbuster of the 10's.

"I only saw Age of Ultron twice on opening weekend"

Holy shit Trainwreck is funny, like super damn funny.  There were parts where I had tears rolling down my face.  Apatow is back and Schumer wrote one hell of a movie.

• Like 2

The only CB movies that are petty much guaranteed to do 200m DOM are ones staring Iron Man, Cap, Batman, Superman, Spiderman, the Xmen and of coarse team up movies like TA1/2 and the upcoming BvS. Now you can add GOTG to that list as well.

But there's no guarantee that lesser known characters are going to hit that mark. AM isn't gonna do it and I doubt too many are going to predict an SS, Black Panther, Dr. Strange and Captain Marvel movie to do 200m.  

My God, lets not bring that awfulness again to discussion... 

What is the issue CJohn? You don't like entire movies being stopped so that we can learn that human life is valuable when the heroes stare at us directly and tell us that?

The 3rd act of AOU got embarrassing with that aspect in the end. We got it the first 100 times, thank you very much.

• Like 4

There's that for sure (Hulk is my fave too), but even the best moments of TA2 seem to be a rehash of stuff from TA1. Like Thor's hammer being impossible for everyone to grab. Watching that scene between him and Hulk in TA1 where Hulk almost digs his way through the hellicarrier trying to pick up the hammer, LMAO. Plus Tony is way funnier and more likeable in TA1. The music cues are better in the first movie too.

AoU *was* a good movie, it just wasn't as good as TA. It had plenty of good jokes and scenes, those jokes and scenes simply weren't quite as good as the best jokes and scenes from TA. It also wasn't nearly as tight, with lots of extraneous crap that probably didn't have to be there (Thor in the cave, Hawkeye's household stuff).

What is the issue CJohn? You don't like entire movies being stopped so that we can learn that human life is valuable when the heroes stare at us directly and tell us that?

The 3rd act of AOU got embarrassing with that aspect in the end. We got it the first 100 times, thank you very much.

I wanted to kill myself...

Age of Dulltron...lol

I find it funny, but I cry for how they managed to make a genuinely scary villain (in my opinion) into yet another Marvel-baddie-with-no-real-sense-of-being-dangerous.

Ultron was the one villain that I thought would make people forget Loki. Then I realized that people can't forget Loki  because he is the only Marvel Movie villain (so far) to have a modicum of charm and evil charisma.

• Like 8

The only CB movies that are petty much guaranteed to do 200m DOM are ones staring Iron Man, Cap, Batman, Superman, Spiderman, the Xmen and of coarse team up movies like TA1/2 and the upcoming BvS. Now you can add GOTG to that list as well.

But there's no guarantee that lesser known characters are going to hit that mark. AM isn't gonna do it and I doubt too many are going to predict an SS, Black Panther, Dr. Strange and Captain Marvel movie to do 200m.  

That's true...until it happens and people start betting on who'll be the next solo superhero to gross 200 million their first time at bat.

• Like 2