WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: Ant-Man 58.04 | Minions 50.24 | Trainwreck 30.24 | IO 11.66 | JW 11.36 (Page 88)

Yeah, it's very chuckle-y but no big laughs from me

The issue is it lacks the directorial vision that the best of Marvel movies have (GotG, Cap 1/2, Iron Man 1, both Avengers films). I don't really blame it though, seeing its production history.

What a joke statement.

I love how people like to praise or criticize all aspects of production based on their liking of the movie alone. 

Suddenly, in the reviews, everything comes out of the bag. Score, production design, acting, direction, cinematography, catering, cleaning, farting LMFAO.

Love the in depth critique such as "direction/add every aspect possible was magnificent".

Sure. 

Reeks of what the media have told you to believe. lol it's Marvel, don't have to try so hard. None of them are very good. Should have included Thors, Iron Man sequels and Infinity Wars in there. Still time to edit!

• Knock It Off 1

What a joke statement.

I love how people like to praise or criticize all aspects of production based on their liking of the movie alone. 

Suddenly, in the reviews, everything comes out of the bag. Score, production design, acting, direction, cinematography, catering, cleaning, farting LMFAO.

Love the in depth critique such as "direction/add every aspect possible was magnificent".

Sure. 

Reeks of what the media have told you to believe. lol it's Marvel, don't have to try so hard. None of them are very good. Should have included Thors, Iron Man sequels and Infinity Wars in there. Still time to edit!

HFEdNzr.gif

• Like 1

The Hangover will be Tough.

They don't have any titles for the rest of the year that immediately scream "big hit" but they do have a couple of titles with decent potential. For Sisters will likel do very well over the holidays given the combo of Fey/Poehler, and Steve Jobs could easily match The Social Network's gross if it becomes an awards player as expected. By the Sea obviously will have some curiosity to it given the big screen reunion of Pitt and Jolie a decade after Mr. & Mrs. Smith, but without a trailer yet it's hard to gauge its tone/mainstream-friendliness.

They don't have any titles for the rest of the year that immediately scream "big hit" but they do have a couple of titles with decent potential. For Sisters will likel do very well over the holidays given the combo of Fey/Poehler, and Steve Jobs could easily match The Social Network's gross if it becomes an awards player as expected. By the Sea obviously will have some curiosity to it given the big screen reunion of Pitt and Jolie a decade after Mr. & Mrs. Smith, but without a trailer yet it's hard to gauge its tone/mainstream-friendliness.

Wonder why there was never a sequel to Mr. & Mrs. Smith, it was a big hit and the movie's ending lent itself to sequels easily. I mean it made 500M WW, there should definitely have been some temptation to make a sequel.

Edited by grim22

Wonder why there was never a sequel to Mr. & Mrs. Smith, it was a big hit and the movie's ending lent itself to sequels easily. 

They likely got sidetracked by other projects. Plus, they both generally seem to be averse to franchises (with, in Pitt's case, the exception of the ensemble Ocean's series). Keep in mind that the movie also opened in the middle of the tabloid frenzy following his split from Jennifer Aniston, so any sequel wouldn't have the same curiosity.

It's worth mentioning that they attempted to turn it into a TV series on ABC (with Martin Henderson and Jordana Brewster in their roles) but it was never picked up after a pilot was shot.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

The way the stars aligned for Universal this year, it will be very difficult to re-produce that.

So many things went right, even a tragedy " helped" them.

Just got a screening invite for what sounds like a sequel to Unfriended

FRIEND REQUEST

Movie Concept:

When a college student unfriends a mysterious girl online she unleashes a demonic phantom that hunts to kill her closest friends.

Horror-thriller Friend Request stars Alycia Debnam-Carey (Fear of the Walking Dead), William Moseley (The Chronicles of NarniaFranchise), Connor Paolo (TV’s Revenge) and Brit Morgan (True Blood).

Everything left on Universal's 2015 schedule has at least decent potential.

The way the stars aligned for Universal this year, it will be very difficult to re-produce that.

So many things went right, even a tragedy " helped" them.

In 2017 they will try again with 50 Shades 2, Furious 8, Pitch Perfect 3, Despicable Me 3 and maybe Jurassic World 2 if they can get it into production.

• Like 1

In 2017 they will try again with 50 Shades 2, Furious 8, Pitch Perfect 3, Despicable Me 3 and maybe Jurassic World 2 if they can get it into production.

Most of these franchises have hit their peak numbers this year, the only way is down for almost all of them.

Everything left on Universal's 2015 schedule has at least decent potential.

$40M+ opening for The Visit. :lol:

I hope it happens. "Would you mind getting inside the oven to clean it?" Screaming. Shyamalan has officially lost his goddamn mind.

Most of these franchises have hit their peak numbers this year, the only way is down for almost all of them.

I agree with you, but even with Avengers to AOU type drops, all of them will still earn a lot. The one I see dropping the most is 50 Shades 2, won't be surprised if it drops by half.

• Like 1

Hollywood is Marvel's playground.

They just let other studios play in it.

All hail Feige. He's like Thanos.

He has the five studio gems.

1) The four quadrant stone

2) The A-list stone

3) The mega-franchise birth stone

4) The Cinematic Universe stone

5) The Disney power stone

• Like 1