WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: Ant-Man 58.04 | Minions 50.24 | Trainwreck 30.24 | IO 11.66 | JW 11.36 (Page 88)

I gotta admit I was wrong on Trainwreck. Mid 30's is pretty solid, was expecting more like $22. Not jumping on the "Schumer is A-list goddess" bandwagon yet though.

Her show viewership still isnt nothing to write home about and her Movie Awards hosting romp was the least watched in years. Not saying theres not a bright future, but im not sure Trainwrecks $35 mil can all be attributed to her. T-wreck should have solid legs though. Tracking it vs Spy will be fun.

Edited by Jandrew

I can't wait for Civil War, Dr. Strange, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, etc.

Do people really anticipate whatever gimmick they come up with for the Jurassic World sequel or Furious 8.

Not really.

I'm looking forward to all of those including the Jurassic World sequel and Furious 8. Edited by Rman823
  • Like 1

I gotta admit I was wrong on Trainwreck. Mid 30's is pretty solid, was expecting more like $22. Not jumping on the "Schumer is A-list goddess" bandwagon yet though.

Her show viewership still isnt nothing to write home about and her Movie Awards hosting romp was the least watched in years. Not saying theres not a bright future, but im not sure Trainwrecks $35 mil can all be attributed to her. T-wreck should have solid legs though. Tracking it vs Spy will be fun.

People will get burned out on Schumer even faster than Kevin Hart mania.

Ant-Man 24-25

Minions 14.5

Trainwreck 10-11

IO 3.7

JW 3.5

Somewhat disappointed that Trainwreck couldn't rise further, will finish the OW below Spy but still a big win. Ant-Man looks like a 18M "true" Friday number, will be touch and go for a 60M opening. 

Minions should do 52M or so for the weekend, good hold in the end after roller coaster weekdays.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 2

I can't wait for Civil War, Dr. Strange, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, etc.

Do people really anticipate whatever gimmick they come up with for the Jurassic World sequel or Furious 8.

Not really.

I honestly couldn't care less about another cookie cutter Marvel superhero movie.

Jurassic Park 5 and Furious 8 will at least offer something different. Another gimmick!? Please. I'd rather have another gimmick for JP and FF every few years than another Marvel gimmick every 14 days. I wonder when they're going to run out of animals and insects for their future superheroes.

• Like 2