WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: Ant-Man 58.04 | Minions 50.24 | Trainwreck 30.24 | IO 11.66 | JW 11.36 (Page 88)

Sorry I'm not referring to you in particular, am just saying there have been so many posts about wanting Minions to fail, even with its 115 million debut, people kept saying not a record, flop etc.

IO and Minions will make around the same DOM, with Minions making more WW, both are wins in their own right.

Thanks for clarifying your points:)

You thought they were serious?

You know, I e seen the F&F movies.

Call them silly, call them stupid, call them melodramatic...

But...the same plot?

Have you even seen these movies?

The last three films are practically different genres compare to the first few...let alone the same plot. Ok, a little hyperbole there but really now.

Let start by the fact I have watched all 7 movies.

My English isn't very good (it's my 3rd language) nor I have the patient to explain why 7 FF movies are the same so I rather let you explain to me why they're different.

They're all feel the same to me except maybe for the first one: racing - some bad guys show up - use the usual tricks but fail to defeat the bad guys - come up with different plan which include racing - racing - family, friendship - end of story.

Edited by bladels

Expecting a good run of Trainwreck and a total of 100m+ DOM.

Minions and Inside Out battle has become real. I have it both in the 340-350m range.

Jurassic World will pass 650m...crazy.

Ant-Man...160-165m DOM finish?

• Like 1

Didn't see this posted yet

http://deadline.com/2015/07/ant-man-trainwreck-amy-schumer-box-office-1201478786/

1). Ant-Man (DIS), 3,856 theaters / $23.4M Fri. / 3-day cume: $59M-$61M / Wk 1

whatever.gif

Wtf at Disney losing steam this year tho. Cinderella struggle to hit 200M, AOU decreased 25% its predecessor, Tomorrowland flopping and Ant-man kinda underperforming on opening. And we all thought this will be their banner year,

Hopefully Ant-man picks up some steam on the coming weeks.

Wtf at Disney losing steam this year tho. Cinderella struggle to hit 200M, AOU decreased 25% its predecessor, Tomorrowland flopping and Ant-man kinda underperforming on opening. And we all thought this will be their banner year,

It will still be a big year for them. Still have STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS and THE GOOD DINOSAUR.

http://deadline.com/2015/07/ant-man-trainwreck-amy-schumer-box-office-1201478786/

1). Ant-Man (DIS), 3,856 theaters / $23.4M Fri. / 3-day cume: $59M-$61M / Wk 

2). Minions (UNI), 4311 theaters (+10)/ $14.5M Fri. (-68%)/ 3-day cume: $47M-$51M (-56-59%)/Total Cume: $214.8M / Wk 2

Ant Man, could have been better. They should pick a better sidekick. Michael Pena is awesome in some roles, here he is

limited by the PG13 rating and becomes annoying. 

Can Joy outruns the Minions?

Ant Man, could have been better. They should pick a better sidekick. Michael Pena is awesome in some roles, here he is

limited by the PG13 rating and becomes annoying. 

Can Joy outruns the Minions?

Pena was fucking awesome.

Boo.

• Like 3

Blame their marketing teams, who just couldn't seem to find a way to sell Ant-Man or Tomorrowland. With Tomorrowland there may be some excuse, since I can't imagine there was much else they could do based on the quality of the movie. Ant-Man though, that first trailer was just incompetence, a view that I've seen shared by a lot of people on twitter.

• Like 1

1). Ant-Man (DIS), 3,856 theaters / $23.4M Fri. / 3-day cume: $59M-$61M / Wk 1

2). Minions (UNI), 4311 theaters (+10)/ $14.5M Fri. (-68%)/ 3-day cume: $47M-$51M (-56-59%)/Total Cume: $214.8M / Wk 2

3). Trainwreck (UNI), 3,158 theaters / $11.3M Fri. / 3-day cume: $29.8M-$31M / Wk 1

4). Jurassic World (UNI), 3,117 theaters (-324) / $3.5M Fri. (-36%) / 3-day cume: $11.8M (-35%) /Total cume: $611.6M/ Wk 6

5). Inside Out (DIS), 3,263 theaters (-381)/ $3.5M Fri. (-37%)/ 3-day cume: $11.7M (-34%) /Total cume: $306.5M/ Wk 5

6). Terminator: Genisys (PAR), 2,814 theaters (-969) / $1.6M Fri. (-60%) / 3-day cume: $5.6M (-60%) / Total cume: $80.6M/ Wk 3

7). Magic Mike XXL (WB), 2,577 theaters (-799)/ $1.7M Fri. (-53%)/ 3-day cume: $4.9M (-49%) /Total cume: $58.7M/ Wk 3

8). Gallows (WB), 2,720 theaters (0) / $1.3M Fri. (-71%)/ 3-day cume: $3.8M (-61%) / Total cume: $17.9M /Wk 2

9). Mr. Holmes (RSA), 363 theaters / $675K Fri. / 3-day cume: $2.4M / Wk 1

10). Ted 2 (UNI), 1,582 theaters (-589)/ $730K Fri. (-59%) / 3-day cume: $2.3M (-59)/ Total cume: $77.1M /Wk 4

Notables

Bajrangdi Bhaijaan (ERO), 256 theaters / $675K Fri. / 3-day cume: $2.1M /Wk 1

Irrational Man (SPC), 5 theaters / $58K Fri. / 3-day cume: $180K /Wk 1

Northern Limit Line (WLGO), 13 theaters / $26K Fri. / 3-day cume: $83K /Wk 1

Stanford Prison Escape (IFC), 2 theaters / $8K Fri. / 3-day cume: $24K /Wk 1

Good numbers for Mr. Holmes and Irrational Man. Stanford Prison Experiment also did fine all things considered.

Edited by TLK

Truthfully they sold Ant-Man the best they could. Not every concept is going to hook in audiences.

True point.

I don't think Edgar Wright delviering an amazing movie would've really changed the box office performance. I say that as a Wright fanboy.

• Like 3

Truthfully they sold Ant-Man the best they could. Not every concept is going to hook in audiences.

IDK... When I watched the extended IMAX preview in front of JW, I was so underwhelmed it made me question if I wanted to watch the movie at all. Me and my friend looked at each other like "uh oh".

Now having watched the movie, I enjoyed it a lot. It's nothing amazing, but it's a fun little movie. The editing on that extended trailer was so bad, it totally undersold the movie.

IDK, I think some parts of the marketing were smart and inventive, but the trailers were generally just bland and ineffective.

• Like 2