WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: Ant-Man 58.04 | Minions 50.24 | Trainwreck 30.24 | IO 11.66 | JW 11.36 (Page 88)

I don't think many people feel they were burnt by Jurassic world. I think people are starting to feel like they're getting burned by Marvel. Its the same stuff over and over again some super hero has to save the world from some super bad villain.

The Dark Knight trilogy did the same thing. Did you feel like you were getting burned then or this is just applied to Marvel?

When I said "Burned", I meant that you can only watch a movie so much before you wear it into the ground and become tired of it.. If the movie is really good, generally, I'll watch it 2-3 times, like I did with AOU and JW.. After that, I'm content moving on til the Blu-Ray DVD comes out and even then, it'll sit on my shelf more than it's watched..

Right now, TNT will make absolute certain to let you know The DARK KNIGHT Movies exist and are played every weekend it seems, so there's a chance at being burned out on that I suppose...

The first Captain America is played on a weekly basis on FX.

The Dark Knight trilogy did the same thing. Did you feel like you were getting burned then or this is just applied to Marvel?

The Dark Knight is 3 movies. Marvel is about 12 now.

• Like 5

Looks like the Marvel loonies are mad lol. I hit a nerve. I think marvel looniez and Pixar loonies should get together and have a group therapy.

• Like 2

The Dark Knight is 3 movies. Marvel is about 12 now.

let me ask you a question, how many movies is your limit before you feel like you're getting burned? And how many superhero movies have you watched?

Every superhero movie follows your formula so if your latter number are bigger than the former, you have gotten burned already.

Edited by bladels

Cookie cutter? lmao.

Winter Soldier, GotG, and Ant-Man are all different genres with different themes. You would never associate these movies without Marvel connecting them.

And when you're dealing with escaping dinosaurs and car centered cop adventures you're dealing with a much smaller sandbox.

Dinosaurs can only escape so many times. Cars can be used in exciting stunts in only so many creative ways.

On the other hand, Marvel is vast and diverse. You have African kings who lead advanced indigenous tribes and blonde female soldiers who fly outer space. You have psychedelic horror themed sorcerers and nerdy teenagers who fights mad scientists.

Marvel isn't just a bandwagon you jump on because it makes money. These characters have a long history each with fanbases that span generations.

I'm out of likes :(

• Like 1

[img

giphy.gif

I've never seen Magic Mike before. I don't really pay attention to it, for obvious reasons. I just saw this gif for the first time. I see the big guy in the background on the left. My first thought is...

Is that Kevin Nash?!?!?!?

YES, IT IS FUCKIN KEVIN NASH

Kevin Nash was in a fucking stripper movie :unsure:  :o  :mellow:  :huh: 

That+s+vince+mcmahon+owner+of+the+wwe+gt

• Like 7

I've never seen Magic Mike before. I don't really pay attention to it, for obvious reasons. I just saw this gif for the first time. I see the big guy in the background on the left. My first thought is...

Is that Kevin Nash?!?!?!?

YES, IT IS FUCKIN KEVIN NASH

Kevin Nash was in a fucking stripper movie :unsure:  :o  :mellow:  :huh: 

That+s+vince+mcmahon+owner+of+the+wwe+gt

Yeah, Kevin Nash is on the first and is also on the sequel.

I am not surprised. It is not a bad number. Same level as Thor and Captain America. It will do 60M. The end of Marvel articles are gonna be awesome, tho. 

Fantastic Four is gonna flop really badly, it doesn't have 3D or IMAX. 

Looks like the Marvel loonies are mad lol. I hit a nerve. I think marvel looniez and Pixar loonies should get together and have a group therapy.

All loonies should have a group therapy. Potter loonies. Nolanites. Twilight. THG. Marvelites. DCtrons. Pixarians. Dominions. Dinosaurs. Bayformers. Whatever.

• Like 2