WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: Ant-Man 58.04 | Minions 50.24 | Trainwreck 30.24 | IO 11.66 | JW 11.36 (Page 88)

When you include advertising it's 374M  :ph34r:

:D  :lol:

People are still lost with the Minions numbers it seems.

Universal will probably make more money with their tie ins than bo receipts.

Edited by The Futurist

And once again, Hacienda Crossings seems to be an outlier on the cinema-turnout bell curve. My Ant-Man 7:30pm showing was ~75% full (300 people). Though it's not as much of an outlier as with Interstellar, Pacific Rim and Tomorrowland.

Or do I just pick the day/time combo that is usually the most attended showing of a movie in its entire run? Opening night, prime-evening showing in the biggest auditorium?

(Though I still wonder - my opening-night showing for How to Train Your Dragon 2 was at AMC Concord Mills 24 in Concord, NC - I was visiting relatives - and it was only about half full, more accurately reflecting the weaksauce opening than my other opening-night experiences - I think it was about as full as my second-Saturday matinee at Hacienda, which was in a bigger auditorium. So not all theaters have bang-up opening nights for every would-be tentpole.)

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

BUT IT WON'T MAKE THE BUDGET BACK DOMESTICALLY

FLOP

L

O

P

Except most of that marketing paid for itself because it was tie-ins and such. Plus all of it is also goes towards merchandising.

It'll make a profit from the domestic gross.

• Like 1

Except most of that marketing paid for itself because it was tie-ins and such. Plus all of it is also goes towards merchandising.

It'll make a profit from the domestic gross.

I was being sarcastic  :mellow:

• Like 2

I was being sarcastic :mellow:

I figured, I just get annoyed seeing so many flops, and crumbling, and toxic being passed around even sarcastically. It makes it harder to use those terms when they really do apply

• Like 2

Universal didn't spend more money on Minions marketing than your normal tentpole.

What s so hard to understand, really ?

Brands paid Universal to use Minions on their products not the other way around.

• Like 6

I find hard to believe they only spent 130M. I know the convert to 3D money was used in the reshoots, but this means the actual movie was too cheap to be true.

They used a new CGI method/company..

Its supposed to be much cheaper

Do you guys think that the 58 or 59% drop affects Minion's 1 billion chance?

Would love to hear your thoughts.

I would probably think..no.

It'll have an effect, but 1B isn't out of the question. I don't think it's outgrossing DM2 though.

Universal didn't spend more money on Minions marketing than your normal tentpole.

What s so hard to understand, really ?

Brands paid Universal to use Minions on their products not the other way around.

excatly!!

• Like 2