WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: Ant-Man 58.04 | Minions 50.24 | Trainwreck 30.24 | IO 11.66 | JW 11.36 (Page 88)

Stuffed 'Minion' toy cushions fall of 5-year-old girl after she accidentally falls out window: cops

BY DAVID BOROFF NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Friday, July 17, 2015, 2:39 PM A A A

minion18n-1-web.jpg

"Minions" may be the top movie at the box office, but the little creatures are apparently life savers, too.

A stuffed "Minion" teddy bear cushioned the fall of a 5-year-old girl when she accidentally fell out of a third-story window in Colorado Springs on Thursday night, cops said.

The girl had been playing in her room when she fell backwards out the window.

"Fortunately, when the child fell out of the window she continued holding on to a stuffed Minion teddy bear that is believed to have cushioned her fall," cops said.

The girl was taken to the hospital and treated for a broken arm.

• Like 2

They're wrong. All of the official movie sites like BO, BOM and The-Numbers have TG at 1.7M Friday.

So Thor opens to 65 million and finishes with 180 million.  People call this good.  Ant Man is going to open to about 55-60 mill and if it gets to about 160 mill, I'd say that's pretty decent.  It's the first film and he's not exactly well known.  This is to expand their brand.  Not much different than the openings and totals of Thor and Captain America.

• Like 12

So Thor opens to 65 million and finishes with 180 million.  People call this good.  Ant Man is going to open to about 55-60 mill and if it gets to about 160 mill, I'd say that's pretty decent.  It's the first film and he's not exactly well known.  This is to expand their brand.  Not much different than the openings and totals of Thor and Captain America.

This is happening because of Guardians of the Galaxy. 

• Like 1

Thank you.  But it is BOM (boxofficemojo.com ), not BO (boxoffice.com).....   I still wish see the official Terminator friday number from BO....

Unless the studio releases it, there is nothing official.  

It worked initially because nobody had done this before and audiences were digging it, but ESPECIALLY because it was easy to follow. Each Avengers characters got their own movie, and sequels to said movie that had their names on it. It all culminated in "The Avengers" which featured each of these characters. Black Widow slided in the back via "Iron Man 2", and the film itself only had to introduce Hawkeye. There was a beautiful, intricate simplicity to the way it was flowing. And then, naturally, Disney got greedy and started blowing it out of proportion.

No greedier than the comic book fans who want to see everything adapted to the screen. And you do realize they were setting up future phases from the mid-credit scene of TA1, right? They were already going to lead up to the Infinity Gauntlet as long as the film was a big hit.

If they focused on the same characters over and over, that would defeat the whole promise of Marvel Studios, that they would tap the huge cast of characters, that the possibilities were endless. (And they almost had to do Black Panther and Captain Marvel, or the "not enough diversity" stuff would have just gotten louder and louder.)

But you do have great points - after Avengers, it may well have been better to make everything stand-alone, have the new character outings like GOTG be truly separate, and just bring the core team together for an Avengers movie every three years.

Though would the Infinity Gauntlet stuff even be possible without interconnectivity? Maybe they could have just done all this stuff as Easter-eggs, and not actually revealed any of it was connected until the Infinity War movie proper? And I still wonder how many of these other eclectic characters would have actually gotten their own movies if the goal wasn't to establish a universe and build up to a huge cosmic crossover. Without expanding further, would we have just gotten Iron Man, Cap, and Thor sequels in between the Avengers films instead?

I think that Internet geekdom has fed this beast all along, for good or for ill.

I also think we may be seeing some of the problems of the modern comic book industry bleeding into these movies.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

I really don't wanna see Agent Carter, Daredevil or Agents of SHIELD but the IT IS ALL CONNECTED thing forces me too. The is gonna be a long Summer.

Who says you have to.

• Like 1