WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: Ant-Man 58.04 | Minions 50.24 | Trainwreck 30.24 | IO 11.66 | JW 11.36 (Page 88)

So basically "Green Lantern" numbers huh.   Well, Ant-Man isn't really a 1st tier, I don't want to give it a pass as people were extremely harsh with "Green Lantern" numbers (Very Harsh, lol).   Am I surprised?  I guess not, really me personally I just didn't feel the buzz.  Comic book fatigue? I don't know but  It's good that Marvel kinda has a nice break from here to make "Civil War' the best film it can be.  

Luckily for Marvel/Disney they spent a lot less than "Tomorrowland" crazy type budget so they should slightly recoup.   I will have to see today numbers before I judge it's frontloadedness.  I do think MI:5 is a threat.  Cap 1 or Thor 1 numbers?  Again I have to see today's number.   "Marvel's first flop".  People are being a little dramatic, "Incredible Hulk" sold less tickets than Ang Lee's "Hulk" so that was technically their first underperformer. 

Ant-Man getting a summer blockbuster when he's only a C level character wasn't a wise move. Plus the movie was not very good. Oh and by the way, fuck this weekend...no good numbers at all really.

That's your opinion. Stop acting like your opinion matters for the ga. There were tof of people who liked it.

• Like 2

I would disagree with the characterization of Star Wars being handled the same way as Marvel.

In Marvel all the movies seem to have to tie in to each other.

That is not what Star Wars is doing. There will be the trilogy movies which will obviously work off each other. But the Anthology movies are different. They are not designed to be related directly to the trilogy movies - there aren't even the same time periods.

The first one is basically set around the time of New Hope. We'll have to see when the exact settings of the others will be. i actually like that. Some that will be related and some that will be stand alone.

Agents of Shield gets off to an uneven start and the first few episodes aren't the best. It improves a lot as the first season goes on and I think season two as a whole was a huge improvement over the first. The show really found its stride.

This.

People are judging the show based on first few episodes.

This.

People are judging the show based on first few episodes.

But if a show doesn't hook you in its first few episodes then it's really not worth the time or investment

Doctor Strange's potential is not gonna be much more than Ant-Man.

Marvel's gonna start throwing in characters I bet.

They probably wish Falcon was in Ant-Man more. Maybe that rumor about Banner in Doctor Strange will become true

Well, at least this year had a great run. Last year we had 2 total weekends of breakouts and those happened in back to back weeks.

Wouldn't that be three weeks with Lucy counted in too?

And in an alternate reality, Sin City 2 made 55M OW, so there it's four weeks

Agents of Shield gets off to an uneven start and the first few episodes aren't the best. It improves a lot as the first season goes on and I think season two as a whole was a huge improvement over the first. The show really found its stride.

No it doesn't improve. AoS is terrible. Not sure why I watched a season and a half of it exactly. :lol: