WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: Ant-Man 58.04 | Minions 50.24 | Trainwreck 30.24 | IO 11.66 | JW 11.36 (Page 88)

AM isn't doing good it's doing ok. Expected CA/Thor total which is decent but I don't think that you can call any sub 175m total for a SH film good.

Its going to finish 200 million Domestic

WOM will kick in for next weekend. Stop being a debbie downer

AM isn't doing good it's doing ok. Expected CA/Thor total which is decent but I don't think that you can call any sub 175m total for a SH film good.

Guardians of the Galaxy has turned people crazy :lol: FOX is gonna have a hard time in August and in 2016.

Eh... WoM seems strong and a lot of people seem to love it but the love doesn't seem to be as unanimous as Guardians. Edited by Ethan Hunt

200M from a sub-60M opening weekend, especially with it losing all IMAX screens and a few LPF screens next weekend, and all LPF screens in 2 weeks? Really doubt it. It has no holiday season to boost its legs and faces way more competition than GOTG did.

• Like 1

Guardians of the Galaxy has turned people crazy :lol: FOX is gonna have a hard time in August and in 2016.

The amount of people saying that the superhero genre is dying when Fantastic Four flops / underperforms is going to be crazy.

• Like 1

My prediction was always 340-350m and no more than 3x multiplier and less total then IO. All the signs indicate that to be proven accurate.

And with a production cost half of IO that's somehow not good compared to IO?

200M from a sub-60M opening weekend, especially with it losing all IMAX screens and a few LPF screens next weekend, and all LPF screens in 2 weeks? Really doubt it. It has no holiday season to boost its legs and faces way more competition than GOTG did.

I understand where your coming from, ofcourse that is my high but I believe in WOM on this film.

200m is not happening, it's a fun ride but no GotG. Certainly 250m could be on the table for the sequel, so Disney surely fine with these numbers but nothing to celebrate really. The JW and IO fans can look at the weekend with the biggest grin again

For a film IMHO that is second to the original IRON MAN in terms of best Marvel films people are sure down on it on these boards. 

I already have had several friends text me and say, damn it was good and they are passing the word. 

Is an Ant-man sequel possible? it's going to perform in line with the first CA and Thor so i dont see why Marvel would leave that money off the table. Unless they see no potential for higher grosses. 

Edited by babz06

2.9 is the average multiplier for original MCU movies. That would give it $160m total from a $55m weekend.

Mad Max opened at 45 million and did 170 million, not sure I am following you. 

please don't take this as a bad thing... just saying....please explain.

Edited by Mitch