WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: Ant-Man 58.04 | Minions 50.24 | Trainwreck 30.24 | IO 11.66 | JW 11.36 (Page 88)

Captain Marvel would have been better as a Hispanic or Asian woman rather than a white one. 

would you settle for Ms Marvel?

or I could have gone with:

Captain Marvel would have been better as a Hispanic or Asian woman rather than a white one. 

too many white female-starring superhero movies, amirite?

you literally just said you know nothing about it

god damn you are one dense mouth breather

By that I meant nothing other than a basic description of the superhero, I didn't mean I knew literally nothing about it.

spoiler for people who saw Ant-Man

Well, we've already got 2 Ant-Men and 2 Wasps, it seems to be a suit/power that lends itself to having multiple users. And you know darn well folks will be calling for Cassie to turn into her superheroic self in 5-10 years. And as seen in both this movie and in the Ultimates comics, there's the potential for a whole army of Ant-Men/Giant-Men. 

That said, I'm not sure Ant-Man is more of a candidate than anybody else to die.

The man can die, the suit will live on. I think the survival of Scott in IW is depending on what kind of reception he has in CW. If Rudd character's beloved I can't see Marvel killing off his character anytime soon.

Well with $12M+ this weekend there would start to be a little squirming.

I don't think the Sat number would hold unfortunately. That number is too good to be true so it's going to go down just like yesterday. There's no reason for it to hold that well this weekend. Ant-Man is it's direct competition demo-wise.

I agree, it wasn't really that funny and probably 15 minutes too long. While the plot has been done a 100 times before and stuff like Lebron being buds with Bill Hadler character just makes no sense.

Isn't his character a sports/athlete doctor?

Interesting to note:

Minions' 2nd Friday and Saturday (if numbers hold) are higher than Shrek 3's 2nd Friday and Saturday.

SHREK THE THIRD (coming off a 121 OW)

Fri - 14

Sat - 20.6

Sun - 18

Weekend 2: 53 million

Edited by MinaTakla
  • Like 2

IO and JW hands in hands marching towards Nemo and Titanic. It's a tall order for both, but their pace remains steady. Pixels might do a little damage next week.

If Inside Out, Dope, Ted 2, Max, Terminator Genisys, Magic Mike XXL, Minions, The Gallows, Self/Less, Ant-Man and Trainwreck didn't damage JW Pixels isn't gong to.

• Like 6

I can see Blanks having an heart attack and Focus losing his shit after saying Ant-Man was going to demolish Minions today lol.

Cry the Minions

Cry their heart

Cry my most essential part

Cry the peace that ruled the hour

Twinkies hold the key to power

:(

Interesting to note:

Minions' 2nd Friday and Saturday (if numbers hold) are higher than Shrek 3's 2nd Friday and Saturday.

SHREK THE THIRD (coming off a 121 OW)

Fri - 14

Sat - 20.6

Sun - 18

Weekend 2: 53 million

Not by much at all