grim22

Mother's Day | April 29 2016 |Garry Marshall | Coming back to theaters this weekend - Mother's Day 2017

• Community Manager
6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

He made this movie as an apology.

Speaking of which, the "dead wife" trope is one that I wouldn't mind being inverted for a while. Equality!

In Transcendent, a movie Nolan produced, it was inverted!

12 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

How is this tracking? I need it to bomb hard. I feel bad for Julia Roberts, though. I kinda like her. But she should have known better. 

Not well, probably. This feels like the kind of movie that should have everything going for it (the reliable cast, the generally pleasant tone, the timeliness with its namesake holiday) and yet it looks to come and go with hardly anyone noticing due to a completely muted and unenthused marketing campaign.

Here's my attempt to predict the movie's entire run, based on 11 similar movies and BO.com's opening weekend estimate.

Opening Weekend: $9.5M

2nd Weekend: $4.79M (-49.6%)

3rd Weekend: $2.88M (-39.8%)

4th Weekend: $1.34M (-53.6%)

5th Weekend: $627K (-53.1%)

6th Weekend: $261K (-58.4%)

TOTAL DOMESTIC GROSS: $25.8M (2.72x)

Edited by johnboy3434
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Baumer said:

In completely unrelated news i watched the horror film Mothers Day last night. What a horrible piece of shit that was.

Just curious: did you watch the original or the remake with Rebecca DeMornay?

3 hours ago, Baumer said:

In completely unrelated news i watched the horror film Mothers Day last night. What a horrible piece of shit that was.

I find it hard to believe that this could be worse than New Year's Eve. What an abomination that was

• Like 1

And while Disney was setting records, the weekend also saw a stellar comeback for Open Road's Mother's Day as it took advantage of its holiday namesake.

In third we find the impressive result for Open Road's Mother's Day. The ensemble feature had something of a disappointing opening weekend last week but more than made up for it this weekend with a massive, 32.5% increase this weekend, bringing in $11 million as its cume now totals $22.8 million.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4183&p=.htm