grim22

Mother's Day | April 29 2016 |Garry Marshall | Coming back to theaters this weekend - Mother's Day 2017

From the people who brought us "Valentine's Day" and "New Years Eve"

http://www.thewrap.com/jennifer-aniston-jason-sudeikis-to-reteam-for-garry-marshall-comedy-mothers-day/

"We’re the Millers” stars Jennifer Aniston and Jason Sudeikis are poised to reunite for “Mother’s Day,” an ensemble comedy from director Garry Marshall that also has Julia Roberts and Kate Hudsonattached to star, an individual familiar with the project has toldTheWrap.

CAA is representing the film’s domestic distribution rights and will begin shopping the starry package to studios on Tuesday night, with a deal expected before the end of the week.

Anya Kochoff-Romano and Lily Hollander wrote the script, which follows several interlocking stories about mothers as their special holiday grows near. The movie is expected to feature the same tone as Marshall’s other holiday comedies “New Year’s Day” and “Valentine’s Day.”

Yup, and I really hope both of them release on Mother's day weekend 2016. It will be glorious.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/mother-s-day-standoff-two-808905

Movies about mothers are a hot commodity in Hollywood. A pair of competing projects — both which are currently titled Mother’s Day and weave multiple storylines centered on mothers and motherhood in the plots — have surfaced and look to be finished in time for Mother’s Day 2016 release.

Garry Marshall is mounting an ensemble film to star Julia Roberts, Jennifer AnistonKate Hudson and Jason Sudeikis. Meanwhile Paul Duddridge and Nigel Levy are co-directing theDanielle James and Amy Williams-produced drama Mother’s Day with a cast that includes Susan Sarandon, Courteney Cox, Sharon StoneChristina Ricci, Paul WesleyRoselyn Sanchez and EvaAmurri Martino. Marshall is due to start shooting in August while the latter indie project has been shooting off and on for months to accommodate star schedules.

If both finish in time, what to do about the titles? Marshall says his team will raise the white flag. "Ours likely won’t be called Mother’s Day but I don’t know what the title will end up being," says the legendary filmmaker, who tells THR that he learned his lesson about titles way back in thePretty Woman days. "It was originally called $3000 and I was trying to be a gracious director and I got everyone a jacket that said ‘$3000 cast and crew’ but they changed the title. Now everyone has this jacket that is worth nothing. I’m not doing that again with Mother’s Day. I’m waiting for the final title."

Weird, I thought Aniston was done with petty romcoms.

That's her claim to fame. Especially when she's had no other offers over the past 2 years til this movie. Besides, don't you remember her and her peeps trying to convince the Academy to nominate her shit...I mean Cake?

Edited by Queen Shar