baumer

Tuesday Numbers

I think most new releases don't really increase much on their first Tuesday.Doesn't matter, we all know that TDI is going to plummet this weekend.

I think most new releases don't really increase much on their first Tuesday.Doesn't matter, we all know that TDI is going to plummet this weekend.

Got it. Thanks for the schooling regarding your first statement.As for TDI plummeting, this should be interesting. I am wondering how low it'll finish. I'm hoping it cracks the top ten for most frontloaded pics if a list like that exists. The remake of Friday the 13th comes to mind. Huge opening like 40M and barely managed to get to 65M. Which I still don't understand.. I for one, thought it was a solid movie. But anyway, hoping this ends up doing worse relative to it's opening. As this movie has to be a million times worse than 2009's Friday the 13th.

Friday the 13th the remake had a perfect storm for the opening weekend. It opened on Friday the 13th which means that it was going to have a massive OD. Then Valentines Day was it's second day, the Saturday. So that ensured that it would have a massive second day. If you look at the Sunday, it fell more than 50%, which is very high, even for a horror movie. So Friday the 13ths multiplier, while horrendous at 1.62, really shouldn't have opened that strongly if it was any other weekend of the year. I'm not saying the multiplier would have been anything incredible, but I think an opening of closer to 35 mill might have been more realistic.I do think TDI has a chance to die very quickly. Apparently the ending has pissed so many people off and that is causing the low cinemascore.

Fox movies are starting to come in on boxoffice.com. First up, WBaZ - $640,931 (+38%). Between that and MI4, looks like we could be seeing some huge increases.ETA: Then again . . . Alvin 3 only increased 8% to $403,296.Some more actuals:TTSS - $507,379 (+26%)Descendants - $299,635 (+56%)Sitter - $118,383 (+19%)Shame - $35,443 (+43%)

Edited by Chrestomanci

I won't be surprised if Holmes2 overtakes Devil for the number 2 slot today itself on Tuesday. :P

According to boxoffice.com, SH2 made $1,343,458 on Tuesday, up 28%, and TDI made $1,403,607, up 1%. Guess we'll have to wait at least one more day for TDI to fall behind SH2. Edited by Chrestomanci